Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sport grab 2017-18 Ashes TV rights from rivals Sky Sports

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Sky have pretty much been left with nothing, if it wasn't for the Spanish football I wouldn't bother with Sky anymore, I'm really considering cancelling the subscription anyway., the prices keep increasing yet the product is decreasing.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
This is disappointing. I think sky make some very good products, but when you start taking bits away you do have to wonder if the price is worth it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is a disaster, already I'm denied access to some top quality sport due to my lack of Sky and now I'm going to miss out by not having BT Sport too ... damn !

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sky coughed up for the La Liga rights in the end.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is very disappointing news. Whatever people say or dislike about Sky, their cricket coverage and presentation, especially The Ashes, is absolutely top drawer. I just hope BT can maintain that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The trouble with Sky is, their sports coverage is disgustingly good. Sky Go is an absolute wonder - I can take my laptop out into the garden for the football or the cricket of an afternoon, which I generally link up to a spare 26" LCD. And then just when the cricket is wrapping up, along comes the NFL. So my Sundays are generally consumed by live sporting accumulators in my back garden, often over a bbq. God help me if they ever get hold of the baseball.

Sky is such a SLAG. But I can't get enough of her.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is very disappointing news. Whatever people say or dislike about Sky, their cricket coverage and presentation, especially The Ashes, is absolutely top drawer.

The cricket coverage isn't bad but if it were absolutely top drawer, I (and thousands of other people) wouldn't sit and watch the game with the sound turned down, listening to TMS.

I've had Sky this summer, via Now TV. I've now cancelled it as I couldn't find much to watch when the Ashes wasn't on. And, there seems to be a technical issue with Sky meaning that it's impossible to watch on my PC. I can handle BBC, ITV and BT Sport OK but Sky buffers so much, it's unwatchable. This is 2015: people watch TV on multiple devices now and Sky needs to wake up and realise that

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The cricket coverage isn't bad but if it were absolutely top drawer, I (and thousands of other people) wouldn't sit and watch the game with the sound turned down, listening to TMS.

I've had Sky this summer, via Now TV. I've now cancelled it as I couldn't find much to watch when the Ashes wasn't on. And, there seems to be a technical issue with Sky meaning that it's impossible to watch on my PC. I can handle BBC, ITV and BT Sport OK but Sky buffers so much, it's unwatchable. This is 2015: people watch TV on multiple devices now and Sky needs to wake up and realise that

Each to their own I guess. I quite like the group of Gower, Atherton, Botham, Hussein, Bumble, Holding & Warne. This year with Ponting as well.

Agree about the rest of Sky though. Now The Ashes are done, I'm seriously considering getting rid.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Well, that's likely to be the end of Sky Sports for me then. I can't/won't pay for both them and BT and it seems the momentum is shifting only one way.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
As with football the match day team that sky have is top class. The master class with Ponting Warne and Healy on wicket keeping was superb and is just one example.
At least the Ashes in Australia is overnight but the fear wpuld be the home series.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Makes a bit of a mockery of the Sky Sports Ashes channel then. Unless they intend to aggressively bid for the next home series which is forever away anyway.

Personally I've never understood why the Ashes aren't protected as one of our sporting jewels that needs to remain on terrestrial TV like the Olympics and the World Cup

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The trouble with Sky is, their sports coverage is disgustingly good. Sky Go is an absolute wonder - I can take my laptop out into the garden for the football or the cricket of an afternoon, which I generally link up to a spare 26" LCD. And then just when the cricket is wrapping up, along comes the NFL. So my Sundays are generally consumed by live sporting accumulators in my back garden, often over a bbq. God help me if they ever get hold of the baseball.

This, but without introducing the oudoors and food into the relationship

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Shirley the radio and oics dont dont. Well they dont in my house anyway

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

I'm clearly not on the right subscription. I pay an arm an a leg for her, but she acts like a lady....do I need to check out the Adult Channel? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here