Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Packers season is OVER

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
bollox, although the thread title had me believing God was actually fallible.

I'm now able to R - E - L - A - X, just a little.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
... before it even began?

Jordy Nelson probably out for the season after a harmless looking incident in Pittsburgh. Walked off the field unaided but apparently has a torn ACL.

Totally gutted.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Excuse me Sir. I do believe you are in the wrong North Stand. I believe the one you require is a 15 hour flight west.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
... before it even began?

Jordy Nelson probably out for the season after a harmless looking incident in Pittsburgh. Walked off the field unaided but apparently has a torn ACL.

Totally gutted.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

When i tore my ACL i could not walk off the field unaided. He is a proper sportsman of course (!) but still, i would doubt its an ACL if that was gis response

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
When i tore my ACL i could not walk off the field unaided. He is a proper sportsman of course (!) but still, i would doubt its an ACL if that was gis response

That's why it is such a shock. He walked off by himself, with a small limp. My daughter was disappointed as she is going to be at the game at Lambeau next weekend and we agreed they'd probably not let him play to recover from what looked like a bit of a sprain. But now all the reports say a season ending ACL tear.

I certainly hope they are wrong but they seem pretty certain.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Not suggesting it isn't a big blow but if any team can cope without their best receiver it's them. Great running game, decent receivers, best quarterback in the game and a formidable home record.

They'll be alright.

Juan Albion

Not suggesting it isn't a big blow but if any team can cope without their best receiver it's them. Great running game, decent receivers, best quarterback in the game and a formidable home record.

They'll be alright.

Oh they'll win most of their games, but hard to see them going to the Bowl without their most potent combination missing. Aaron and Jordy are telepathic.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
It is indeed. You might only lose by 20.

This year we'll cause serious damage. If we didn't lose concentration in the last minute of games we would have qualified for playoffs. With Peterson back and Bridgewater only getting better, we're the dark horses.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Teddy Bridgewater of the Minnesota Vikings walked off the pitch without his head during the 2nd quarter @ the Cleveland Browns in 2013. He was back on the field for the 4th quarter, and threw the winning play in an 18-16 win.

Juan Albion

Teddy Bridgewater of the Minnesota Vikings walked off the pitch without his head during the 2nd quarter @ the Cleveland Browns in 2013. He was back on the field for the 4th quarter, and threw the winning play in a 16-18 win.

Adrian Peterson lost his head too and it cost him a season.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I work with a Packers fan from Wisconsin. Those fans are absolute nutters - wouldn't be surprised to hear the whole state is off work tomorrow in a bout of depression. After the Conference final last year the guy didn't say a word all day.

They need to re-lax. Still got Aaron.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's a blow, a major blow, but their season isn't over. Cobb is an excellent WR, and now is the time for Devante Adams to step up and start opposite Cobb. Excellent run game with Lacy, and of course one of the best QBs in the business. Look at some of the receiving cores Brady has won Superbowls with in his career, and you'll see that you don't have to have star-studded receivers to do it.

They could REALLY do with a TE stepping up to help out though. Step forward Richard Rodgers, your time is NOW.

Juan Albion

It's a blow, a major blow, but their season isn't over. Cobb is an excellent WR, and now is the time for Devante Adams to step up and start opposite Cobb. Excellent run game with Lacy, and of course one of the best QBs in the business. Look at some of the receiving cores Brady has won Superbowls with in his career, and you'll see that you don't have to have star-studded receivers to do it.

Cobb just got injured in this week's game. Looked like his shoulder. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
It's not a good start. We could *just* about get by without Jordy, now we have lost Cobb to what is rumored to be a broken collarbone.

@JuanAlbion - did you go to tonights game? Was offered tickets and turned it down because it's just a preseason game. After watching the first half it seems like it was good call.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here