Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich - Sold Out?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Suggests we have sold the first small allocation given to us so more will be on sale tomorrow I suspect. Think the info page says initial allocation was section V1 so just over 1000, away fans also have V2 and there's also the family section S so I suspect we'll see 1,600 there. Maximum allocation is 1,900 and at £32.50 a ticket plus booking fees for online we won't sell out.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I may be slightly simple but I have never understood the aspect of it being the most expensive so it won't sell out. Away fans travelling are already spending a considerable amount on ticket (even if were say, £26), travel and refreshments along the way.

This is first v second at present, and whilst I accept that every penny counts in the present climate I find it hard to get my head around the concept that an extra £5 overall on the day would deter many that wanted to go, bearing in mind the cost anyway.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Got my 3 tickets on Saturday, although in the next county still 2 hours away. Took 600 last year on a cold Tuesday which I thought was a good effort

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Suggests we have sold the first small allocation given to us so more will be on sale tomorrow I suspect. Think the info page says initial allocation was section V1 so just over 1000, away fans also have V2 and there's also the family section S so I suspect we'll see 1,600 there. Maximum allocation is 1,900 and at £32.50 a ticket plus booking fees for online we won't sell out.

Hi Russ, ordered my ticket on Thurs morning when they went on general sale & I'm in block V2. Should be a good turnout.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I may be slightly simple but I have never understood the aspect of it being the most expensive so it won't sell out. Away fans travelling are already spending a considerable amount on ticket (even if were say, £26), travel and refreshments along the way.

This is first v second at present, and whilst I accept that every penny counts in the present climate I find it hard to get my head around the concept that an extra £5 overall on the day would deter many that wanted to go, bearing in mind the cost anyway.
I took my son to Cardiff last season, we only live up the road so travel wasn't an issue, however what was an issue was charging £20 for a 9year old kid to watch a football match. Sometimes it isn't the cost but the principle.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not an away fan, work load only allows home Saturdays off, but why is this not a 2500 sell out? 2.5 hours away it's not that expensive and is a very important game to at least draw. Any one fancy working my shift?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I took my son to Cardiff last season, we only live up the road so travel wasn't an issue, however what was an issue was charging £20 for a 9year old kid to watch a football match. Sometimes it isn't the cost but the principle.

Exactly this. Not that our ticket prices are any better.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Phew, just bought 4. Thanks for the reminder.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Perhaps it's worth noting Portman Road has one of the worst atmospheres in the Football League.

Last time I visited, during the 3-1 defeat (Vicente wonder goal only highlight) I was stunned by the home crowd's apathy. Even when they scored it barely registered beyond a cheer. And for songs....what songs?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Perhaps a mod could change the thread title just in case (as it's not correct)...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here