Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ipswich fan here - looking forward to Saturday

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Both of us off to a decent start for once.

Much changed from last season?

Thought you were useful when I went to yours towards back end of last season - seemed to be a bit of negativity around the place but you fully deserved the win that night.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hello Arnold. Thanks for posting. Most of the starting 11 players are the same as last season, just a new confidence & system. We conceded the 6th fewest amount of goals last season but could not score any for love nor money. The result against you boys at the Amex was an exception. We'll be very competitive in the midfield and tough to break down. It's going to be a good match.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Our recent record at Portman is appalling. Hoping we can finally address this but rather expecting the inevitable defeat. Probably by a single goal, given both teams starts to the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately we might find out that we're not actually very good.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Shit. (Checks Wiki) is it cos you won the UEFA Cup?

Out of Frank Yallop and Jason De Vos, who is your favourite Canadian?

It will be after we won the League.

Got to big for our boots, charged everyone £30 minimum since then.

Bruce Twamley, all day long.

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
The last time i was at portman rd was with my dad (RIP dad we will be back in the top flight soon!) Travelling on saturday with three brothers and two nephews ...#GOSBTS..can't wait ...

Expecting you to bring plenty.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Hi Arnold.

Difference from last year is players seem to have some belief and we had a good pre season. Blossoming partnership between fit again Stephens and the impressive Kayal has laid the foundations to our good start.

In truth we have had spells where we have looked very good, but the honest truth is that we have come up against some poor sides to date maybe making our good start look more impressive than it is.

Not expecting too much at your place Saturday, be delighted to come away with a point.

From your point of view, maybe a good time to play us, as I honestly think we are going to stregthen further before the transfer window closes and the small matter of a certain club legend edging closer to being involved in the squad in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

ArnoldLayne

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Arnold.

Difference from last year is players seem to have some belief and we had a good pre season. Blossoming partnership between fit again Andrews and the impressive Kayal has laid the foundations to our good start.

In truth we have had spells where we have looked very good, but the honest truth is that we have come up against some poor sides to date maybe making our good start look more impressive than it is.

Not expecting too much at your place Saturday, be delighted to come away with a point.

From your point of view, maybe a good time to play us, as I honestly think we are going to stregthen further before the transfer window closes and the small matter of a certain club legend edging closer to being involved in the squad in the coming weeks.

Not taking anything that seriously until mid-September to be honest. Transfer window needs to close and systems/players need to settle.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Looking forward to the banners

372017083.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here