Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bad Manners

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I was on the Park & Ride bus to Mill Road after the game yesterday when an old couple with walking sticks got on. There were no seats left so they had to stand. Not one person offered them a seat but I was particularly saddened by the 2 teenage boys who were sat right next to them and who just sat there hiding behind their shades. It was also sad that their parents who were sat behind them did not make them offer their seats. How sad it is that a common courtesy is no longer observed.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I was on the Park & Ride bus to Mill Road after the game yesterday when an old couple with walking sticks got on. There were no seats left so they had to stand. Not one person offered them a seat but I was particularly saddened by the 2 teenage boys who were sat right next to them and who just sat there hiding behind their shades. It was also sad that their parents who were sat behind them did not make them offer their seats. How sad it is that a common courtesy is no longer observed.

Wrong time to post :moo:
How many have you done ????????????????????????????????????wtf!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
That common courtesy is very well observed. It's the times when it isn't being highlighted that prove the point.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

It's a sentiment that I share with you.

I know that there have always been people who don't care about others but it seems that it's become gradually the exception rather than the rule to see simple acts of kindness and consideration towards other people. Sadly, courtesy is an attribute that seems have gone out of fashion in today's me, me, me society.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think bad manners extend to the general population when it comes to travel.

Try getting someone to volunteer their seat when you're on crutches.

It's uncanny the number of heads that bury themselves in books, newspapers and the like
when you have a disability.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Why didn't they ask them to shift ? Shame them into moving sometimes is the only way

wait until the bus lurches (it normally does) then fall on them ............that normally works

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm utterly determined that Jr Gullflyinghigh will grow up knowing basic courtesy, things like that drive me insane.

That said, there have been several occasions when Lady GFH has been travelling into town with the little 'un in his buggy and the only people to offer to help her on/off the train or bus have been teenagers, everyone else has barged past or watched her do it herself. Seems it goes out the window when people are in a rush...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Like trains, is there not designated priority seating for those that need to sit more than others, why not just mention this to get someone to move.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
A few years ago a young lad offered me his seat on a local bus, being barely of middle age I rather gruffly said no. It was a most humiliating moment, a crushing realisation of the onset of age !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately there are too many morons on transport. You get the idiots that are some of the first on the bus but are determined to block the aisle so they are near the front doors. As has been stated, those that don't give up their seat when there is someone clearly more in need. I used to commute and gave up my seat to pregnant women, people with obvious disabilities and the very elderly. I wouldn't give up just for a female though. Travelling up to Fulham last week, got on at Burgess Hill and there were a few standing. At H/H, a few got off and a lady that had been standing at the door linking to the next carriage got a seat and she was 26 weeks pregnant! Loads of others could have stood up but didn't. Before you ask, we only got seats at H/H as well.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

A lot of good saying nothing then & spouting on here.
A loud 'would you like a seat?' Ensuring the whole bus heard wouldn't have either find the job and pointed out the ignorance of those that didn't offer to move.
Every time there is just 1 person working the till in B&Q, with others strolling around not caring about 10+ in the queue I shamelessly SHOUT 'TILL' and within a minute 3 are open

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I'm in my early 30's and suffer from osteoarthritis. No one ever gets out of their seat for me!

Can't wait to be an old man.

So do I - and waiting for my second foot operation and then crutches for 6 weeks. Lovely. But then there are people
much worse off than me.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
A few years ago a young lad offered me his seat on a local bus, being barely of middle age I rather gruffly said no. It was a most humiliating moment, a crushing realisation of the onset of age !

My brother recently turned 60 and was most displeased when a young lad on the tube said to his mate about giving up his seat to that old bloke

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here