Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Card

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I get Avios points.

But another point is the were five or six cash only tills in the centre NS kiosk but only 2 card payment tills - how is that going to be quicker when in the past almost every till took the season ticket payment card

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I get Avios points.

But another point is the were five or six cash only tills in the centre NS kiosk but only 2 card payment tills - how is that going to be quicker when in the past almost every till took the season ticket payment card

Do the Avios points work ok for you? Am thinking of a card with these credits

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
It is great.

Spend enough and get a companion voucher ( buy one flight with avios and get another free)

Nice. With a break from work i have time to check this out. Which card do you have, an Amex one of a visa/mastercard

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It is great.

Spend enough and get a companion voucher ( buy one flight with avios and get another free)

As someone who's worked in the business for years I have to disagree. If you're a frequent flyer maybe, otherwise the rewards are way inferior to what could be had elsewhere

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Like cashback?

Much depends on what you're after.

Avios points take a lot of collecting unless you're pushing lots of expenses through and then you still have to pay for flights so they are never free. The companion voucher is good but paying for a full fare ticket isn't cheap and then you have to be pretty cute getting availability

Some cashbacks are ok but they are limited. Tesco and Sainsburys cards are as good as most given you can double earn, points for spending on top of regular points earned in store but don't use points for cashing against in store purchases

I think Money Savings Expert has a pretty good write up on loyalty cards, unbiased which is important when it comes to these things

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Thx. Think i will get one. Do you find lots of places dont accept it thoguh?

Have some difficulty using Amex at smaller outlets but most of the Supermarkets, petrol stations, travel providers, etc, take it ok, and of course at the Stadium its fine. I carry a Mastercard for times its not accepted but about 90% of my spending seems to be on the Amex card so it works alright most of the time.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Does anyone still have an MBNA Albion mastercard? Had mine for years but I've always been a bit hazy on exactly what the club gets out of it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have american express and MasterCard duo cards n collect avois every time I use them, plus my tesco club card points get converted too, they soon add up, got a first class return flight to Switzerland for about £30 couple of years ago, didn't realise you could use your season ticket but I probably won't add it

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Thx for tips. All go now. Signed up for an Amex Avios card and a Lloyds one. Will can my old cards. Also collected retro points for flights made im the last three months. And for my wife. We are now on 20k before the card sign ons etc. happy days

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Just a tip you can also pay council tax on American Express cards. Worthwhile as you can earn points /cashback on the payments made.

N.B this is for Brighton City council

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here