Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bigger gate than Leeds v Shef W today

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It must have been the smallest announced attendance for a few years though. Probably since the first season at the Amex in fact.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, not seen the away end look so empty in a while. Still the holiday season though, crowds will probably improve.
Many fans would have been on the wrong side of Shoreham and turned back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Anyone know why a local derby, between 2 pretty decent size clubs would draw such a low attendance? I'd have thought that game would be a sell out.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Crowds always lower at this time of year around the country. Prime holiday time plus yesterday we had the sad events at Shoreham which no doubt saw many people caught up in the traffic chaos and unable to make it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm guessing there has been some kind of mistake and they missed a digit off the attendance at the clash of the world's two biggest clubs.
Should have read 122,597 ???

Feb 14, 2010
Leeds also took 5,000 to reading

When you say "took" then that is a little misleading. The "had" 5000 at Reading but when you factor is 1. They are a Northern club and London / South East has seen many from the North move here and 2. Leeds were successful in the 1970's and created a national following during that period. As such, of that 5000 includes the fans who have only been to Leeds on a day trip but who are a part of sat the "Basingstoke Whites" or whatever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Yep, not seen the away end look so empty in a while. Still the holiday season though, crowds will probably improve.

That, and I would imagine a fair few people didn't make it due to events at Shoreham. I think it's been documented that at least three of the Seagulls Travel coaches didn't get through. There must have been more in their own cars who gave up trying too. Somebody mentioned the park & ride sites weren't as busy as usual.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here