Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suitable seats for a 5 year old.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Went to the Amex today for the first time and took my 5 year old son.We sat in the family section lower east stand row F
so fairly low down and inbetween the penalty spot and the 5 yard line.
Want to take him to the Cardiff game Oct 2nd but would like to be much higher and more central.
Is it ok for him to be out of the family stand?From what I saw today it looked ok.
Are there many kids in the other areas?

We would need to be at the front as he won't be able to see above peoples heads but I'm guessing
all those seats are snapped up instantly.Otherwise will go as high and as central as I can
in the family section and hope there are kids seated in front of my son.

Whilst it was too low down today there were a number of empty seats in front so my son did get
to see most of the game but it's just too low down.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Family stand is best suited for children, language wise, move into the north and your child will hear new words!

Or you can try the south corner?

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks.I don't want to be in a corner though.
Would like to go central in one of the side stands.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Although I was near the north stand and didn't hear anything bad I know you're kidding.
Most important thing is that the view behind the goal is the worst.

The view isn't great but when shooting towards the north stand you cand beat it. The atmosphere is great and loads of familys sit there. Just sit near the front you'll be fine.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My boys both started at 5 in the west lower row M and absolutely fine. I put the youngest (now 6) on my lap if there's someone big in front of him and it's fine. Never Had any probs.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
I sit in the East Upper with my kids, been taking my youngest there since he was 5 or 6, great views and family friendly environment.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks for the tips.I will take a look on the website and try and get some good seats.

Our first time at the Amex has been overshadowered and the photos I took
will probably always remind me of what happened in Shoreham.
Feeling a little deflated like everyone else.

I hope at the next home game there will be a minutes silence.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
I sit in the East Upper with my kids, been taking my youngest there since he was 5 or 6, great views and family friendly environment.

Same experience with the West Upper. We have had ST's in block B since my youngest was 5 (now 9) and its been a great place for the kids. Occasional bad language when passions get high but nothing other than the odd expletive or two, and generally my boys love it with a great strategic view of the pitch.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
E3B east upper has some good availability however is that because it's not a good viewpoint or some other reason?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It has to bee said that pretty much anywhere is child-friendly at the Amex.

My general advice would be...

If your child(ren) are already pretty "robust" and used to occasional bad language, noise and chanting and are full-on, bleed blue and white, Albion fans then head for the N.Stand for the atmosphere.

If your child(ren) are a little less boisterous themselves but atmosphere is just as/more important than the view then head for the SWC. Flags, singing and only the very occasional outburst of language.

If your child(ren) like football but are not yet fully baptised as Albion fans (or under huge peer-pressure at school to follow a PL side!) then anywhere in the West. Some singing, some language, but generally subdued compared to N and S.

If you have a little precious, who will cry at the first increase in volume, then must never hear a rude word or know the words to some of the more Palace-hating songs, then the East Stand Library is ideal for you.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks father and son.

Position is more important for me than anything else.
As near to the centre and a front row seat if poss as my son is only
5, or 6 by the time the Cardiff game is on so don't want his view to be blocked even if I have the option
of putting him on my knee.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Thanks father and son.

Position is more important for me than anything else.
As near to the centre and a front row seat if poss as my son is only
5, or 6 by the time the Cardiff game is on so don't want his view to be blocked even if I have the option
of putting him on my knee.

I suspect East Upper is solely down to price. I'm in West Upper row C and the view is fantastic. There are several young children in rows A & B near me and they seem to get on fine.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
I take my 6 yr old and have tried all the stand areas with him & West upper is definitely the place for you, and the rake is so good that even with someone in front of you, you can still generally see past/over them (obviously depending on the blocker's size)

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
I took a four year old to the Forest game - East Stand Row G, very central and it was fine for him. Obviously he couldn't see sitting down, chap next to me offered me his packed out rucksack (only had spare jackets / soft stuff in it I think), anyway he sat on that some of the time & on my lap the rest of the time. if I take him again I might well take my own padded rucksack as a cushion. Tix for U10s in that section are £12 so not too bad. It's a matter of choice but I would advise against the higher options (WS / ES Upper) as the youngsters won't (imo) feel so involved with the game & being close to the players is more part of it for them than seeing the tactics unfold.

If you have a little precious, who will cry at the first increase in volume, then must never hear a rude word or know the words to some of the more Palace-hating songs, then the East Stand Library is ideal for you.

Love this old chestnut, trust me from the family stand at the North end of the east, the North is really not as loud as it likes to think it is, and the West upper for the last 3 seasons is silent!

Any been taking the boy since day 1 and he's six now, we're in row M, the view has always been fine for him, the beauty of the family stand is that the dads are all in the same boat tolerance wise, continuous trips to the bog/early leaving/I'm cold/I'm bored etc. I've no problem exposing the boy to "real atmosephere" as he's been to aways/england matches/several non league ground inc 2 FC United matches, but the FS suits us fine

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here