Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football 1 - 0 Hoofball

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Blackburn were bloody awful. I'd rather watch our style and lose than their style and win. Anti-football of the highest order. Seriously think they will struggle this season if they keep that up. Awful, just awful.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It did seem their entire tactics were based around the long throw in

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Blackburn were bloody awful. I'd rather watch our style and lose than their style and win. Anti-football of the highest order. Seriously think they will struggle this season if they keep that up. Awful, just awful.

Were you sitting next to me in west upper yesterday.

And I tend to agree.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Football 1 - 0 Hoofball

Haven't you read any other threads lately? It is clear from some of them that Hughton has destroyed our fantastic style of football which we have enjoyed in recent years and is now playing the dinosaur formation of 442. Not proper football!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Were you sitting next to me in west upper yesterday.

And I tend to agree.

Not next to you no as I know all the people either side of me, but yes I am WSU (G) and do recall being slightly vociferous about this, so if you were in the vicinity you may have overheard :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not next to you no as I know all the people either side of me, but yes I am WSU (G) and do recall being slightly vociferous about this, so if you were in the vicinity you may have overheard :lolol:

No, then, I've just moved there (F) from South-west corner. The bloke literally in the next seat was very (and nicely but fairly quietly) vociferous about this...... if you can be quietly vociferous. I guess that might be a genuine oxymoron.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I was wondering about Spurr's long throw, and made a point of watching the way in which he threw the ball. It was clear from WSL, that his right hand gets behind the ball and spins outwards so that he is effectively lobbing the ball with his right hand, like a basketball throw. Do we have any suitable rules lawyers on here who could comment on whether this could be classified as a foul throw, or could we all be missing a trick here?

Admittedly it didn't do them any good, as we defended admirably against them, but would be good to be clear on the matter.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
They will frustrate many teams playing that way - culminating in one of the most joyless games I've seen at the Amex (yes including the ones in which we were handsomely outplayed)

There have been numerous teams playing this direct style of football who have done okay for themselves in the Championship.

I see them as a poor man's Ipswich - lots of huff and puff, big punts and aerial challenges. Without Sears, Murphy or McGoldrick etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here