Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Bowyer sacked

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Strange - hughton and commentators all mentioned today what a good job he'd been doing.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gutted, had money on freedman

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Realy? I thought the days of being sacked when losing to us were gone, since we left Withdean, then it was a big no no.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They dropped off towards end of last season too so it's probably paid a part but losing your best two players in cairney and gestede hardly helps !

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bowyer relieved of his duties after we beat them today

Personally I feel quite sorry for the guy, I think he was doing a pretty good job in very trying circumstances. It can't be easy working for Venky's.. Didn't their chairman make that famous remark, about not realising that there was such a thing as relegation, when he bought the club?

Although we the team that tried to play all the football, on another day Blackburn could have gone home with a point.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Personally I feel quite sorry for the guy, I think he was doing a pretty good job in very trying circumstances. It can't be easy working for Venky's.. Didn't their chairman make that famous remark, about not realising that there was such a thing as relegation, when he bought the club?

Although we the team that tried to play all the football, on another day Blackburn could have gone home with a point.

Particulary when we showed we had no confidence in scoring again and brought on midfielders to hold on to our slender lead,this will not go unnoticed by other managers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here