Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lualua - finally coming good or just on a run?

Lualua coming good?

• Just good form

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • He's coming good

Votes: 33 56.9%

• Total voters

Curryisgreat

Dec 9, 2010
He did seem quite lethargic at Huddersfield, seeming reluctant to beat his man. I think this was a positive though as he passed to team mates rather than losing the ball.

Only make 7 to 10 away games per season so maybe it was a one off? He did play very well on TV v Forest though.

If he continues his goals to game ratio for the rest of the season I'll be very happy!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever the club did to him over the Summer, its transformed him. The REAL difference now is that he's not just being given a twenty minute 'impact sub' role, he's suddenly fresh enough to play whole games and be a real nuisance to the opposition for the full ninety minutes. The goals are a bonus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whatever the club did to him over the Summer, its transformed him. The REAL difference now is that he's not just being given a twenty minute 'impact sub' role, he's suddenly fresh enough to play whole games and be a real nuisance to the opposition for the full ninety minutes. The goals are a bonus.
That's a key point.
There was a reason why he was an 'impact sub', he just couldn't do it over 90 minutes.

Whatever has changed in him, long may it continue.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
He had knee problems last season, so hopefully our medical team has now sorted that out.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He's been brilliant so far this season, and was great to see the rest of the players encourage and calm him down after he got booked/clattered in quick succession.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He looks like the player we always knew he could be - if you know what I mean.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Poor as always. He will bag a couple like that in a season but wont be long until he's off sulking over a Nandos as though it's everyone else's fault but his own dim wits.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He would be so much better if he didn't insist on coming to a full stop before trying to beat a defender. A new trick wouldn't go a miss either.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
That challenge on him in injury time was disgraceful. Worthy of a red card.
Playing with a lot of confidence at the moment...must be the new shirt number?!

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Poor as always. He will bag a couple like that in a season but wont be long until he's off sulking over a Nandos as though it's everyone else's fault but his own dim wits.

LowQualityBait.png

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That challenge on him in injury time was disgraceful. Worthy of a red card.
Playing with a lot of confidence at the moment...must be the new shirt number?!

Kaz made the tackle look far worse than it was. He did his usual trick of pushing the ball forward and finding a leg to clatter into. In this case the leg was quite high, but the momentum of the contact came more from Kaz than from the defender.

He has been very good so far this season, not only looking dangerous going forward, but tackling back and challenging for headers as well. You'd like to think that this is something to do with the coaching, but in his interview after the Forest game, Hughton seemed to admit that he has little idea whether anything they tell him ever has any effect.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still in the 'Just on a run' camp at the moment, but will be happy to switch sides if he carries on like this (assuming he can keep his place in the team when the new winger comes in, of course!)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I felt he was our most dangerous player all match. He has an understanding developing with Bong. I'm really looking forward to seeing him link up with Bobby.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
In my view Kaz is now showing what he can do, because for the first time someone has helped his confidence by selecting him to play, rather than sticking him on the bench as an 'impact player'. Good on Chris for recognising the ability he has, and bringing that out in him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here