Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 821

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Looks like a Giant House Spider. Completely harmless and good for the house. Hope you released it alive.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why are people even scared of them? They don't harm anyone.. Just pick it up in a cup and put it outside, it's really not hard.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
How would it feel about you, a 6ft giant against an inch insect ? I hope the spider wins as I like a good upset victory.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Don't mind spiders unless it's a false black widow.

Had never seen one two years ago now they are all over the place. One spider I will squash when I see it.

Don't mind spiders unless it's a false black widow.

Had never seen one two years ago now they are all over the place. One spider I will squash when I see it.

Is that a Black Widow whos' husband is still alive?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Why are people even scared of them? They don't harm anyone.. Just pick it up in a cup and put it outside, it's really not hard.

I got bitten by one of those " Harmless " House Spiders a few years back. I was half asleep in bed and felt something itchy by my collar bone and must have rubbed the " Harmless " Spider up the wrong way and received a bite. It was a weird and horrible sensation, it took fully 10 days for the pain to finally go. It was a kind of toothache like throb which came and went every few hours.

Not nice and so I now treat "Harmless " Spiders with a can of Raid which, indeed, renders them harmless on a more permanent basis.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I got bitten by one of those " Harmless " House Spiders a few years back. I was half asleep in bed and felt something itchy by my collar bone and must have rubbed the " Harmless " Spider up the wrong way and received a bite. It was a weird and horrible sensation, it took fully 10 days for the pain to finally go. It was a kind of toothache like throb which came and went every few hours.

Not nice and so I now treat "Harmless " Spiders with a can of Raid which, indeed, renders them harmless on a more permanent basis.
Yes, those 'harmless' false widows are potentially very nasty. They are a fairly recent introduction and maybe that's one reason people are still blasé about spiders?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
98be67fe41b58723548d22ceabbcdb15.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here