Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why Hughton is so pleased with his trio of wide men [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*boss Chris Hughton has applauded the capture of Jamie Murphy and his wide options in the face of a twin wing threat from Blackburn Rovers.
Murphy is poised for his home debut for the unbeaten Seagulls at the Amex today following his £1.5 million switch from Sheffield United.
The Scot, brought on in the second half in Tuesday’s draw at Huddersfield, is in contention to start against Rovers, who pose a danger down the flanks of their own in Ben Marshall and former Albion loan signing Craig Conway.
Albion made bids for Marshall in the current transfer window but Hughton is happy with the three wide men he can mix and match as Murphy, in-form Kazenga LuaLua and the promising Solly March fight for places.
Hughton told The Argus: “In Marshall and Conway they’ve got two of the best working wide players in the league.
“Both of them have a great work ethic. Both of them are very much team players and can get into the wide areas and crossing positions. Both of them will be a threat.
"We are always capable of changing the wide players. Calde played a lot last season on that righthand side. At Fulham I brought on Liam Rosenior.
It’s not always about playing two natural wingers but in Solly and Kazenga they were the only two natural wingers we had in the squad so we were adamant we wanted at least another one.

“In the three of them I see good combinations. All three can play either side. We had a spell in the second half at Huddersfield with Kazenga on the right and Jamie on the left, so it gives me good scope. I’m really delighted to have brought Jamie in.”Uwe Huenemeier is also set for his home debut after replacing the sought-after Lewis Dunk in the win at Fulham and at Huddersfield.
Fellow new central defender Connor Goldson is likely to make his first appearance in the Capital One Cup second round tie at Walsall on Tuesda

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here