Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Tom advice

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Have to replace my old model and am confused ove a replacement.Any recommendations. About £100 or thereabouts. Basically I want UK and NI , speed camera and lane direction, any advice gratefully received. Will read replies later as I am off to the Amex now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If you have even a half decent smart phone then save your money and download Here maps instead. It's the old Nokia maps and you can download about 180 countries for free. To save space you can even do countries like France by region rather than the whole lot if you want. UK and NI is all there too and if that's all you want then it's barely any memory at all on your phone.

Just download the maps you want over WiFi so you don't pay data costs, set the app to offline, enable location on your phone when you want to use the maps and you have yourself a first class sat nav for free. The only cost will be a few quid for a phone holder to stick to your windscreen.
I've just been through France and Belgium using it no problems at all, speed camera warnings and everything :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up about Here maps 1066familyman. I'll give it a whirl.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here