Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pace. How much do we have and how much do we need?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
All the top teams rely on pace for effective counter attacks and turning defences.

With the addition of Murphy, Rosenior and Bong alongside Kaz do we now have enough pace in our squad? And just how quick are the likes of Baldock and Solly?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I thought this was going to be an in-depth debate upon the positive benefits of the 1984 document.

pace.jpg

I keep seeing this mention of pace as a panacea which always reminds me of Dave Armstrong who played back in the day. I think he was a former British sprinter so was exceptionally quick. The trouble was his only skill was to kick the ball past his opponent and chase after it - reaching it first and then ballooning his cross over the bar. A classic example of pace in itself not being a lot of use.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
We have pace but it is all out wide, although Baldock is quite quick.
It is great having all the pace in the full backs and wide midfield but you need your front men to get up with them or the crosses just go into an empty penalty area.
I love the effort Baldock puts in but he needs to be getting into the box, the wide men need to be getting the ball into him, to feet.
I still think we need a pacy forward and the playmaker in the midfield, preferably with pace, but it's all so much better than last season

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed is quicker than people realise imo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here