Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away teams playing in Brighton. Where do they stay?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Back in the 1990's my missus was new business manager at the Hickstead hotel and every year she wrote to all the Albion opposition to offer the facilities - well over half the clubs she wrote to used to make a booking.
No idea nowadays.
Key selling point was the quiet location [good night's kip], easily accessible and 30 mins from ground. I think some teams even arranged training sessions at Burgess Hill Town FC and/or the Triangle too.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Saw Wednesday :lolol: checking in at The Thistle a few years back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would think some have a national deal with Holiday Inn.

Some years ago when Oxford were in Div 1 I worked at Oxford Moat House and the hotel was closed from the day after Boxing Day until New Years Eve for all except Liverpool FC and families as they were playing Oxford New Years Day and had the complete hotel to them selves. They had the restaurant, 1 bar and gym open and staffed.

D

Deleted User X18H

It's rumoured that Hull broke into and squatted inside the old Co-op in London Road a year or so ago.

Steve Bruce apparently had a game of dominos in The Mitre.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Many stay at East Sussex National. Some also use Jury's Inn by the railway station.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I saw Birmngham at the Thistle last season.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
The Metropole had about 7 or 8 teams last year. Thistle and East Sussex National about the same. A lot of southern teams will use a hotel just for the pre match meal. Most teams are surprisingly cheap, when the club get a hotel they would probably make more money selling to the leisure market if they can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here