Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Clement

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Did we dodge a bullet by not getting him as new manager.
Not ripping up any trees so far this season with one of the most talented squads in the championship.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
To a degree, possibly, however it's not as if the manager we did appoint pulled up a forest of trees. I will be honest here and now and say that Paul Clement was the manager I wanted us to have last year before we appointed SH.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's not as if they have had a particularly tough start boro apart.Bolton away who haven't scored yet this season.Charlton at home a game they should be winning,Boro at home fair enough a decent team & Birmingham away who won't be contesting this season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I think that we should reserve judgement on that one for a few weeks given their injury problems coupled with the Manager's relatively recent appointment.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I bet that if Derby fans were told they'd be unbeaten in the league after 4 games they wouldn't have expected to have just 4 points to show for it.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
early days, we have some tough fixtures coming up, Ipswich and Wolves Away and Hull at home. Ipswich look strong up front with McGoldrick Murphy and Sears.I would be delighted to get a result their.Our recent record is not great there.
Blackburn, Rotherham at home are games we should be looking to win. Our home form is the key to our season this year.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The step up from assistant to manager is not always an easy one. Having said that, with his coaching pedigree, I think he'll do a good job eventually.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Four matches! And unbeaten in all of them. I think perhaps he needs a season before he is judged.

I am pretty sure he is going to do well, and I think we missed out.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
The step up from assistant to manager is not always an easy one. Having said that, with his coaching pedigree, I think he'll do a good job eventually.

We thought that about Hypia.I posted this because nearly every pundit or bookie when asked has made Derby & Boro as clear favourites to go up.
On the back of how Derby finished last season this is surely not the start they wanted to the new season.
Not forgetting that they lost to league 2 Pompey in the league cup.

I will never get bored of saying league 2 Pompey

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought last night they looked ponderous and clearly lacking confidence, nowhere near the side of a year ago. Clement needs to get his act together, needs midfielders badly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here