Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion plot double swoop into transfer market

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagulls have done a lot of swooping this year, even more than I expected.

Who do you think we will sign?

Too early in the morning for my guessing (I have my ideas), so what positions?

Could be a left-sided midfielder/wing-back, defensive midfielder (allowing Beram Kayal to play further forward), another central defender, another right winger?

Despite all this swooping I more encouraged by the form of Baldock and Lualua and dare I say Dunk, and from the first minute Beram Kayal looked good.

Other swoopers list: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/sommertransfers/wettbewerb/GB2/saison_id/2015

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Naylor says we are: http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/13617452.Albion_plot_double_swoop_into_transfer_market/?ref=mr&lp=1 Best laid plans can go awry.

I think we will go for a 24 or 25 players experienced squad (excluding youngsters) so there will have to be departures. There seems to be more pragmatism with CH than Gus.

Ah OK!

Personally don't think we need another CB, and certainly don't need another CM imo. Kayal is perfectly suited to getting the ball deeper and "making things happen" so to speak.

Striker, CAM, and winger are the key positions we'll be looking to fill I recon.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A winger and striker is all we need.

Marshall and Gayle for a top 6 finish.

I will wake up in a minute....

More likely to be Bennett and a prem loan striker, which i would still be delighted with.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Our esteemed Chairman said on Saturday ( off the record ) that we are looking to bring in another 2-3 before the window closes.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Seagulls have done a lot of swooping this year, even more than I expected.

Who do you think we will sign?

Too early in the morning for my guessing (I have my ideas), so what positions?

Could be a left-sided midfielder/wing-back, defensive midfielder (allowing Beram Kayal to play further forward), another central defender, another right winger?

Despite all this swooping I more encouraged by the form of Baldock and Lualua and dare I say Dunk, and from the first minute Beram Kayal looked good.

Other swoopers list: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/sommertransfers/wettbewerb/GB2/saison_id/2015

That site lists our home ground as the Goldstone Ground with a 30,750 capacity, built in 1901 for 84M!

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A winger and striker is all we need.

Marshall and Gayle for a top 6 finish.

I will wake up in a minute....

Open question. I think we need a left-sided player as we have too many right footers. There can be a hole on the left side of our defensive midfield against the better teams who can switch play suddenly. When pushing forward for a winner, I would like pace at the back as a covering defender (Lawrenson-like). If Baldock and Lualua both get injured we may need another wingman/striker.

Anyrate, it was an open question.

PS: I would like a free kick expert. And someone to go to the near post for flick-on headers. And a terrifying speed merchant. And a Jimmy Case like enforcer in midfield.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
PS: I would like a free kick expert. And someone to go to the near post for flick-on headers. And a terrifying speed merchant. And a Jimmy Case like enforcer in midfield.[/QUOTE]

Not much then ! .....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we signed Marshall and Gayle, automatic promotion would be a genuine possibility.

Agree.

Another wing option but the striker bit is the key. I still think we need that prolific pacey finisher. Baldock is decent but we need someone his equal and more. Hope we break bank for it. Then we have chance .

Open question. I think we need a left-sided player as we have too many right footers. There can be a hole on the left side of our defensive midfield against the better teams who can switch play suddenly. When pushing forward for a winner, I would like pace at the back as a covering defender (Lawrenson-like). If Baldock and Lualua both get injured we may need another wingman/striker.

Anyrate, it was an open question.

PS: I would like a free kick expert. And someone to go to the near post for flick-on headers. And a terrifying speed merchant. And a Jimmy Case like enforcer in midfield.

You do know we are only allowed eleven players on the pitch at one time ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That site lists our home ground as the Goldstone Ground with a 30,750 capacity, built in 1901 for 84M!

Ipswich Town Town and Hull City have a big surplus on transfer fees. They may sign any of our known targets. Most signings made (except Downing and Zamora) have been relative unknowns, PL cast-offs w/o pedigree, foreign players or from lower divisions.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Not much then ! .....[/QUOTE]

Even the best team are aways two short of what is needed.

Dec 29, 2011
"Murphy could make his home debut against Blackburn Rovers turn to page 61 tomorrow but Zamora is still not quite ready to feature."

Do they even read this shit before they put it on the site?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Will be interesting to see who we bring in but also importantly who we move out. I think we can safely say that Dunk will be moving on but also we may see hopefully Colunga and COG been shifted out along with perhaps a couple of fringe players loaned out? maybe JFC, Rea etc

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Numbers 19 & 21

PL teams have to announce their 25 man squads at the end of the month. Then I think we have less than a day to sign any players that are left out in the cold. Young players excluded from the 25 man list.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here