Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joke du Jour

Complete Twaddle

Joke du Jour

1 Not allowed!
    A guy goes into the Canada Post Office to apply for a job.
    The interviewer asks him, "Are you allergic to anything?"
    He replies, "Yes, caffeine. I can't drink coffee."
    "Ok, Have you ever been in the military service?"
    "Yes," he says, "I was in Afghanistan for one tour."
    The interviewer says, "That will give you five extra points toward employment." Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"
    The guy says, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles."
    The interviewer grimaces and then says, "Disabled in your country's service!
    Well, that qualifies for extra bonus points. Okay. Looking at the regulations you have got enough points for me to hire you right now.
    Our normal hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You can start tomorrow at 10:00 am, and plan on starting at 10:00 am every day.
    " The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 PM, why don't you want me here until 10:00 am?"
    "This is a government job," the interviewer says. "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members Ken Livingstone Seagull's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bombadier Botty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A guy goes into the Canada Post Office to apply for a job.... "If the work hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 PM, why don't you want me here until 10:00 am?" "This is a government job," the interviewer says. "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."
      Hmmm. I think the joke could be improved if you pointed out up front that Canada Post Office is also known as Postes Canada for us bi-linguists (oooh missus). Also, that it was formerly known as Royal Mail Canada so as to avoid any confusion for us old-timers.

In addition, I notice that the CPO hours are listed as 8 to 4. At least in the metropolitan Ottawa CPOs, the opening hours are 8 to 5, so Shirley some mistake here?

Aloha from the Hammock
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      The post office is open until 5pm. Who is present for the final hour?
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.

0 Not allowed!
      Can't he just drink hot chocolate? or tea?

0 Not allowed!
      Seems an extremely spurious interview technique.
      100% UNOFFICIAL WHC Statistician
      100% Honey Badgerista
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)

0 Not allowed!
      This whole premise fails early on in the effort, since anyone knows that, in fact, 8-10 are probably the busiest hours of the day in the post office as the mail arrives and has to be placed in the right boxes.
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I don't believe any bomb has been built that could just blow off two testicles, and no other body part. The applicant is clearly a liar, and yet there is no mention of reference checking. If it was me, that's the first thing I would do after interviewing this chap
      First REMF goalscorer - EVER

0 Not allowed!
      The Crown Corporation is called the Canada Post Corporation. There is no legitimate business called the Canada Post Office; it must be a front for the Taliban who have set up an elaborate front company to finish the job they started when the applicant was in Afghanistan. One would have thought that an ex-military man would have been smart enough to have figured this out. Therefore, he's clearly not ex-military; hes just an idle layabout.
      2A. K2-18b

0 Not allowed!
      Perhaps he could scratch someone else's testicles? Otherwise this feels like discrimination and i would suggest he goes to an employment lawyer.
      Who lit that match then?

1 Not allowed!
      Canada Post is a privatised company and no longer part of the Government . Clearly the Op' s research is flawed and doubt has to be cast on the authenticity of this interview.