Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How well has Chris Hughton done ?

bhafc1812

Aug 19, 2015
After him being at the Albion for nearly a year , how well do you think he has done. The one thing I'm impressed with is the amount of signings we have made and we don't have any loan players this season (yet) !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Nearly a year ?

albionite

May 20, 2009
After him being at the Albion for nearly a year , how well do you think he has done. The one thing I'm impressed with is the amount of signings we have made and we don't have any loan players this season (yet) !

Ask again in January

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hughton joined us on 31 dec 2014

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And you seriously thinking he won't be going after some loans to further strengthen the squad? Will you suddenly find him less impressive as a manager when he does?

bhafc1812

Aug 19, 2015
And you seriously thinking he won't be going after some loans to further strengthen the squad? Will you suddenly find him less impressive as a manager when he does?

No I just feel that the quality of our loans such as Leon Best we're not that good last season apart from Tex .

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
In his 8 months here he's saved us from relegation, overhauled the squad and has us sitting joint top of the Championship (yes, only 3 games), I'd say he's doing alright.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No I just feel that the quality of our loans such as Leon Best we're not that good last season apart from Tex .

.....and were our permanent signings any better? (Well, OK anybody was better than Best, but apart from that). Did Joe Bennett contribute more than Paddy McCourt? Did Darren Bent not look far more likely to score than any other striker we had? - 2 in 4 from him, wasn't it? And I seem to remember Halford being quite useful when we had to batten down all hatches at the season's end.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Less than 8 months.

And he's doing alright! Who knows where we will be in 4 months after his first full year. The signs are good, but avoiding relegation will still be the first hurdle in my eyes. I am hopeful of much better, though.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
CH's first job was to keep us up, job done, it must be said it wasn't pretty to watch but we stayed up.

He has made signings at regular intervals through pre-season and now at the start of the season and the squad looks much stronger. I like the change in tactics to 4-4-2 but I am old fashioned in my outlook and like two strikers.

Bloom clearly likes CH as he has given him money to spend so he clearly has the backing of the board.

How do we judge his success after last season, top 10 finish or play-off spot? I'm just happy to watch us play a more exciting brand of football. Maybe after Christmas if we are still in with a shout the board might give CH more money for the January window.

To date I'd say 7 out of 10.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I see it's nearly five years since you joined NSC, I am agree with your thoughts on the new signings.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hughton is a breath of fresh air after three consecutive mentally flakey managers IMHO. Just gets his head down, and gets on with it. Successfully steered us from the wreckage of last season, and now looks to be well under way in building a side of strength and character with some smart signings. OK, he has his blind spots, like giving Leon Best the time of day and not kicking COG into touch, but overall we're going into the autumn in a far healthier position than for the past few seasons and with every reason to be cheerful. Boy done good.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I see it's nearly five years since you joined NSC, I am agree with your thoughts on the new signings.

Personally (as regards the OP) I smell Palace, build up your post count with a history of utterly innocuous posts, stay under the radar sort of thing, but I could be very wide of the mark.

#Palacefinder General

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here