Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The AA or RAC ?

The AA or RAC ?

0 Not allowed!
    Currently get free AA cover with Mrs LBG and her bank account but that is about to change,so have been looking at the Big Two and in the past always had the AA however just look at the current RAC offer. So any advice please. http://www.rac.co.uk/breakdown-cover...Fcfnwgodpk4Aww

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Like all "insurance" companies they lure you in with a good deal and then **** on you.

Have been an RAC member for many years and been happy.

However, during the last year had to call them out for a wheel problem and battery problem. During the year I also upgraded to Home Call.

When my renewal came through the premium has shot up and many of the things I previously had covered have turned into "extras" at considerable extra cost.

Next year will get a quote from AA and Green Flag also.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ofco8 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Like all "insurance" companies they lure you in with a good deal and then **** on you.
      I don't know, have been an AA member for many years and as a loyal customer I have home start for free (not sure what that's worth, maybe £40 a year), not many company's who reward loyalty nowadays

1 Not allowed!
      We're with RAC but, every year, I cancel and then join again. New customer rates are better than renewals and going via Quidco brings cash back too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 15.46.37.png 
Views:	426 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	67935

Never had any issue with RAC service on the few times we've had to call them.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      I don't know, have been an AA member for many years and as a loyal customer I have home start for free (not sure what that's worth, maybe £40 a year), not many company's who reward loyalty nowadays
      I was really pleased with RAC for years until this last renewal.That is why I shall look around again next year. Or, may try Bozzas wheeze.
      Brain Surgeon
      Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      I agree with @ofco8. Compare your deal to the AA new members deal every year, and I'd be amazed if you're not paying more.

Every year when the renewal letter comes through at some extortionate rate I ring up, threaten to leave, and they magically offer cover at the same price as the RAC new members deal. They've even given up the removal of gold car 'privileges', which they did the first year I rang up to challenge the renewal price. It seems to me to be the one ubiquitous service industry where there's genuine and transparent competition.
      Northern Exile

0 Not allowed!
      Loyalty counts for nothing nowadays. Now I alternate two covers between AA and RAC each year. Currently personal cover, Roadside and Recovery (but not Home) is around £100 for new customer that nets down to just over £60 with cashback via Topcashback. This compared to renewal quote from RAC in this case of £121, that came down to £77 on the phone - but not close enough. Both organisations are comparable, just depends on the individual engineer and how busy they are, if they have to sub-contract.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sten_super View Post
      I agree with @ofco8. Compare your deal to the AA new members deal every year, and I'd be amazed if you're not paying more.

Every year when the renewal letter comes through at some extortionate rate I ring up, threaten to leave, and they magically offer cover at the same price as the RAC new members deal. They've even given up the removal of gold car 'privileges', which they did the first year I rang up to challenge the renewal price. It seems to me to be the one ubiquitous service industry where there's genuine and transparent competition.
      Just checked my bank statement and I paid £80.52 in May. Just looked on the AA website and my quote for basic cover + home start is £110

0 Not allowed!
      We were with the AA for many years, then went to Green Flag. Now we get RAC cover, as part of a travel package with our bank account. It includes Europe cover and travel insurance, saving quite a bit of money.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      When I researched this a few months ago I ended up using QDOS - much cheaper than AA or RAC and very good online feedback. Not had to call them out yet though!