Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] GOLDSON'S BRAVE CHOICE

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
albion-vs-rovers.jpg
Brighton & Hove Albion's new signing Connor Goldson has thanked Shrewsbury Town for helping him rekindle his love of football, after a brave decision to leave Wolverhampton Wanderers during his teenage years.
The centre-back penned a four-year deal with Albion yesterday and the 22-year-old revealed how he left Wolves as a youth product without the promise of another club.
He explained, "I chose to leave Wolves as I wasn't playing games. So I left there to go and play football with my friends, to start enjoying football again. Then Shrewsbury came a year later.
"It was hard as I went from playing football all the time with Wolves to hardly playing at all and I wasn’t happy with that.
"It got me really down and my mum and dad saw that so we made the decision to leave Wolves and I was lucky enough it didn't take too long for Shrewsbury to pick me up.
"Nigel Vaughan was the head of youth at Shrewsbury at the time and I will always be grateful to him for picking me up and having faith in me.
"Of course it was a big thing to do [leave Wolves] but I don’t think I even thought about it at that age, I just wanted to enjoy football again.
"I have always loved football, but it was making me feel down at such a young age. That is not something I wanted, so my family and I made the decision to leave and it was probably one of the best things I have done."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

goldson-promotion-l229-2633768.jpg
Goldson paid testament to Shrewsbury for the magnificent support he received during his time there, as he rose from youth scholar to first-team regular by the age of 20.
“I got brought into Shrewsbury and I was lucky enough to get through the academy there and then be given a chance in the first team.
"I signed my first professional contract at 17 in the first year of my scholarship. I was always fortunate at Shrewsbury that I had people to guide me well there. I had people that were confident in me and I will never be able to repay that faith to them.
"The place means a lot to me and I will never forget that they gave me my chance to be where I am today. Without that chance I don't know where I would be today."
[h=3]ALBION V BLACKBURN ROVERS*
[/h]SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here