Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you sell Lewis Dunk for £5m?

Would you sell Lewis Dunk for £5m?

• Yes. I'd drive him there myself and cover the petrol cost

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Yes, seems fair value

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • No

Votes: 45 52.3%

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yay. Another Dunk thread.

I was hoping to see another one. Good work. Great work.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yay. Another Dunk thread.

I was hoping to see another one. Good work. Great work.
It's a perfectly reasonable poll in the light of this morning's reports, which I don't think we have seen yet.

My answer would be yes, if the 5m was the difference between being able to bring in another attacking midfielder/winger or not in this window.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No

No. A long term replacement has not been signed. If Fulham do not want Shawn Hutchinson he would do in part exchange.

£5 million is fair value and I thought the bid would be accepted though.

PS: I would have sold Bridcutt and Ulloa, but Buckley only reluctantly. I think even with our current squad (not with our current formation) that Bridcutt could play a part at least as a squad player.

I can't see us geetiing Mike Williamson in a swap deal because of the wages disparity. Williamson would be a replacement for Greer anyway.

PS: Is Butterfield a good player or does he just save his best for the Albion? It would certainly make me think if we could buy Butterfield (also thought better than Clayton) instead of Dunk?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If we an persuade him to stay then definitely no. Also, with rumours of Newcastle being interested why accept an offer from Fulham when we can let them get in a bidding war. You only have to look at the fee for Ulloa to see how well the club could do by holding on a bit longer! Hopefully, the club don't feel the need to sell.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
If we an persuade him to stay then definitely no. Also, with rumours of Newcastle being interested why accept an offer from Fulham when we can let them get in a bidding war. You only have to look at the fee for Ulloa to see how well the club could do by holding on a bit longer! Hopefully, the club don't feel the need to sell.
From what I've just been told, Fulham out the race and the new favourites are Newcastle with a bid in excess of £6M

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Never rated the bloke myself to be honest.

So he can do what he f*******g well likes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Impossible to say without knowing what the rest of our finances are like. If we can bring in what we need without selling him, then no. If selling him would mean we can suddenly bring in the attacking options we need, then probably.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No. A long term replacement has not been signed. If Fulham do not want Shawn Hutchinson he would do in part exchange.

£5 million is fair value and I thought the bid would be accepted though.

PS: I would have sold Bridcutt and Ulloa, but Buckley only reluctantly. I think even with our current squad (not with our current formation) that Bridcutt could play a part at least as a squad player.

I can't see us geetiing Mike Williamson in a swap deal because of the wages disparity. Williamson would be a replacement for Greer anyway.

PS: Is Butterfield a good player or does he just save his best for the Albion? It would certainly make me think if we could buy Butterfield (also thought better than Clayton) instead of Dunk?

Can you actually go a post without mentioning Buckley, I am surprised he hasn't taken out a restraining order against you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Alas, Fulham now need a centre forward and a goalkeeper for a bit: Bettinini crashed into Matt Smith whilst trying to defend and both got injured and they lost anyway.

Maybe we can sell them Chris O'Grady for £5 million instead! And they definitely need a left back, so why not Chicksen?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems like a reasonable deal as the player no doubt quite fancies upping his wages considerably. And the poor lad deserves it after being constantly under siege in defence last season and still managing to get forward enough to score more goals than all of our wretched so-called strikers put together. Wishing him nothing but good things, wherever he ends up.

Recent signings look like decent cover, though will need to be looking for Greer replacement also, sooner rather than later. He's not getting any younger.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
When Fulham first bid, I think I would have taken 3.5 Million, since then prices have gone crazy for Championship players...

Just as well I am not the chairman. I think we could end up getting near 6 at this rate.

Still worth offering Dunk a new improved contract though first, I cant imagine he is one of top earners just yet. He will be if he stays, and rightly so.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If the club are serious about getting into the prem then no , absolutely not .

If they see Dunk as a profit only based asset then yes , and that saddens me .

If Dunk wants to go then it becomes a whole new ball game.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here