Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton reject £5million for Dunk

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Seems like the 5 million isn't the sticking point, rather than the terms - perhaps the amount upfront. That might imply we are still in the market for someone else...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Good to see we're playing hardball with the price.

I bet Dunk is getting MACKED off though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems like the 5 million isn't the sticking point, rather than the terms - perhaps the amount upfront. That might imply we are still in the market for someone else...
I'd be surprised if timing of the payments is an issue; I don't think that cash flow is ever going to be a problem for Tony Bloom, is it??

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sometime ago I said 5m/5.5m would be enough then changed my mind 7.5m
they want him they are going to have to pay
otherwise **** off
it makes a change for us /tony to be in the driving seat

edit
I can add to that it has been a very steep learning curve for us and in particular tony

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I suggest that there is somebody else interested and they are/we are playing a waiting game.

Maybe it depends upon somebody at the top of the 'transfer chain' moving to start a chain reaction... you can't help but think that a £5m offer from a Premier League team would probably have seen us sell.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Something that annoys me on NSC that shouldn't really as life's too short:

Threads like this where no SOURCE as to where the info comes from. Annoying..!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I firmly believe that £5m would be enough if it were Newcastle, but because it's a rival team, we should be asking for at least £2m more...

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I'm glad to see the club is still trying to keep him, rather than accepting he's off for sure, which I suppose means he hasn't asked to leave yet.

I'd hate to see him go, but if we get a ridiculously high figure for him, as we did with Ulloa, I'd be happy.

It's up to the Lizard, really.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They have been actively involved in trying to improve his personal terms after he signed a new four-year deal 12 months ago.

Interesting if true - We're offering a fresh deal then?

Would be very suprised if that's true having signed 2 CBs in the last wk, who look like potential starters. Can see Greer being used as back up myself...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's encouraging if we have turned down 5m. It does seem like a rediculously high fee though when you consider that he wasn't even first choice over Greg Halford at the end of last year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here