Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely we are bound to lose someone this window?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Like the great majority on NSC, I am well pleased with the way things are shaping up in this transfer window.

I am well aware though, that thus far, all of the business has been incoming, i.e. we have signed eight new players, (ten if you include the two destined for the development squad).

Surely at some point before the window closes, we will see someone leave the club? Lewis Dunk quite possibly, Stephens a target for Derby (according to the Sun), Colunga going back to Spain maybe.

Any other players you can think of who we might be in danger of losing?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Like the great majority on NSC, I am well pleased with the way things are shaping up in this transfer window.

I am well aware though, that thus far, all of the business has been incoming, i.e. we have signed eight new players, (ten if you include the two destined for the development squad).

Surely at some point before the window closes, we will see someone leave the club? Lewis Dunk quite possibly, Stephens a target for Derby (according to the Sun), Colunga going back to Spain maybe.

Any other players you can think of who we might be in danger of losing?

Erm...we lost a few at the end of last season

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I guess there is a 'danger' of losing the likes of Dunk, Stephens and possibly the likes of Ince or Holla. None of which would be ideal.
I guess there the flipside is that there is always the possibility we might be able to cash in on JFC and not waste any more resources by offloading Colunga and COG.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
O'Grady and Colunga.

.. offloading Colunga and COG.

I keep seeing this. CH has been trying to offload Colunga since last season and COG is never going to make his first team. If the club hasn't manage to offload them in the last two months, why are they likely to in the next two weeks? They'll be a on a good screw that will make it difficult to fob them off on another team

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The fact that we have rejected the latest offer for Lewis Dunk suggests to me that we don't need the money and we are not going sell to anyone that we want to keep from the first team squad, unless they get their head turned and ask to leave. I would also suggest that as things stand, there is no-one in that situation.

We do have a big squad now, so perhaps a couple will go that are surplus to requirements - CoG and Colunga being the obvious candidates, Colunga more so than CoG

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
The fact that we have rejected the latest offer for Lewis Dunk suggests to me that we don't need the money and we are not going sell to anyone that we want to keep from the first team squad, unless they get their head turned and ask to leave. I would also suggest that as things stand, there is no-one in that situation.

We do have a big squad now, so perhaps a couple will go that are surplus to requirements - CoG and Colunga being the obvious candidates, Colunga more so than CoG

Dunk has clearly had his head turned from where I'm sitting. Tripling his wages at Fulham would be tempting for anyone, the club are just trying to get us the best deal possible.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Lewis Dunk - when, where and how much still to be answered.

Also expect Colunga to go back to Spain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm starting to feel Dunk will go - and that should give us enough incoming money to cover a lot of what we've spent.

If more have to go, I don't think we'd miss Chicksen, Holla, Colunga and JFC too much - but whether we'd get much for them is another matter.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dunk absolutely nailed on. No point in keeping him. If a Prem team will pay money AND loan him back to us, all the better.
Wouldn't mind getting Holla off the wage bill if he's not even going to get in the squad.
Chicksen.
Colunga.

Be happy to keep COG. He provides a good outlet off the bench.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would hope to see Colunga and COG go as neither will even get on the bench when Sir BZ is available. We have signed 2 centre backs so if we intend to hang on to LD what is the alternative somebody come in for GG perhaps. Do not think Chicksen has a future with us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've resigned myself to Dunk leaving. Colunga seems surplus to requirements. Holla could go in the loan window if Crofts recovers properly but may be needed if he doesn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here