Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Wanted by Derby who are willing to pay £2.5m for him according to the sun newspaper.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good price for him but it's a no from me.

Kayal and Stephens are starting to work as a unit together and the partnership looks promising. We don't need to dismantle the squad further.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Good price for him but it's a no from me.

Kayal and Stephens are starting to work as a unit together and the partnership looks promising. We don't need to dismantle the squad further.

Exactly. Plus, we should not sell to division rivals .

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The Sun so rarely get transfer rumours right you could pick a random player who is a first team regular and a random high Championship/low Premiership team and you have the same chance as being correct as them.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Agreed, him and Kayal are a partnership worth keeping. Double the price and to the right club then we can consider it

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How much was Dale?

It's never easy to tell (how much have we spent on Goldson, for instance?), but it was widely reported in the range of £0.6m-£0.75m.

£2.5m sounds a lot in comparison (with the heaviest caveat that this has probably only been written to fill space, and generate comment, which I've fallen for). I'm now far more confident in our recruitment to be able to unearth a replacement for less. What's more, we've got a lot of quality cover in central midfield. That money might be more productively used in other parts of the squad.

Transfer prices (and, probably even more so, players wages) show no signs of veering off their upward spiral.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm not his hugest fan - there's bound to be some slightly more obese chaps than I - but I'd not want him to go this late in the window to a rival when only the crocked Crofts could step in and huff and puff around championship pitches. A handsome enough price for him though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just fetching my car keys....

Claude samdamme

Mar 8, 2014
Stephens is class for parts of games but also goes missing at times as well. If we could bring in a decent replacement I'd cash in on him

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It's a no from me. Have you clicked the miles he and Beram cover? A 442 could only work with these hard working, hard tackling athletes in the middle. Besides he has a cheeky face which I'd miss.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would be a terrible move. Very good player, and if we lose him it would disturb the balance of the team.

As for Texeirra replacing him, not for me, as his defensive work is limited and he is just not likely to win many tackles.

However, if Stephens was sold for £4.5m - £5m, and we replaced with Lansbury or Clayton, that would be good business.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just getting back to the player we know he can be.

Was excellent v forest and first half against fulham. Second half not so much but its early days.

Will probably also score 10 goals this season. Every team also needs a water carrier and who is left ince or jfc or the ageing crofts.

Its a NO from me.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The same newspaper that called him a center back in the write up for the Huddesfield game.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Serious LACK OF AMBITION if we start selling 1st team picks to rival teams.

So, no - get lost Derby, do your POACHING elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here