Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and ride advice

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Due to work it will be tight for me getting to the game on Sat. Instead of parking at Hayward's Heath and getting the train I will drive down the A23, so question is which Park and Ride should I go for ?. I have never used it up until now so not sure what to expect.

Noldi

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you are tight for time, it's likely that Mill Road will be full. I'd suggest Mithras House / Cockroft as the best option after that one, but don't go via Coldean Lane.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Mill road fills up earlier than the others, Mithras House is fairly easy to get to ground from (can either wait for official p&r bus or get a normal 25,23 28 bus along Lewes road an and get off at Uni and through underpass) on way home it's either a wait for the official p&r bus, get a general B&H bus, numbels as above or a 30min walk

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mill Road is easiest if going down the A23, but is also the first one to fill up. I've always found the others a pain in the backside getting to from A23/A27, so always use Mithras House via Ditchling Beacon. Leave Haywards Heath 1:30, at Mithras by 2, climbing the mountain that is WSU steps by 2:45. Last season Mithras was pretty much full by 2:15.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Mithras house will probably be full by 1 pm on Saturdays,Cockcroft car park is not being used this season so only about 300spaces available,racecourse only other option.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Due to work it will be tight for me getting to the game on Sat. Instead of parking at Hayward's Heath and getting the train I will drive down the A23, so question is which Park and Ride should I go for ?. I have never used it up until now so not sure what to expect.

Noldi

I will have a similar problem for one of the matches in September. I was presuming the racecourse will be my only option, but also presuming it will be a nightmare to get to. I come from the West.

Technohead

Aug 10, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mithras house will probably be full by 1 pm on Saturdays,Cockcroft car park is not being used this season so only about 300spaces available,racecourse only other option.

When I referred to Mithras, I was including the use of Cockcroft. If it is not available then P&R will be a mare. My understanding was that there was a mess up between the club and university for the Forest game so Cockcroft closure was a one off. If it wasn't then going to have to re-think my own travel arrangements :annoyed:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
When I referred to Mithras, I was including the use of Cockcroft. If it is not available then P&R will be a mare. My understanding was that there was a mess up between the club and university for the Forest game so Cockcroft closure was a one off. If it wasn't then going to have to re-think my own travel arrangements :annoyed:

Yeah if there's no Cockcroft at all they really need another P&R. I understand Race Course was full or close to at Forest?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On arrival at Mithras for the Forest game we were given a note saying that Cockcroft will be closed. Guess it will be a squash to get everyone in to Mithras so would avoid after 1:00. Previously they've also used the barracks when one of the car parks was unavailable so hopefully they will do that again otherwise there will be some angry drivers.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
UCKFIELD
I am one of many who come in from Uckfield. I drive with one or sometimes two passengers. To relieve the parking problem why not extend the free travel to the number 28 & 29 buses to Uckfield. The fare is more than petrol so not worth it.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
UCKFIELD
I am one of many who come in from Uckfield. I drive with one or sometimes two passengers. To relieve the parking problem why not extend the free travel to the number 28 & 29 buses to Uckfield. The fare is more than petrol so not worth it.

Eh!, has this changed I got the bus from the bus station numerous times last season using my season ticket.

EDIT: It seems the bus free travel zone stops at Lewes, I guess the bus drivers weren't very clued up last season

Last edited:

On arrival at Mithras for the Forest game we were given a note saying that Cockcroft will be closed. Guess it will be a squash to get everyone in to Mithras so would avoid after 1:00. Previously they've also used the barracks when one of the car parks was unavailable so hopefully they will do that again otherwise there will be some angry drivers.

The Barracks is no longer available, since The Wood Store have moved in and started trading.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Park at Wild Park.
Walk to ground from there.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Thanks for the info but after a bit of Brown Noseing I'm getting off a bit earlier
So will make the train. Bit extra at pay rise time and he's the best boss in the world.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
I have parked the other side of the roundabout at the A23/A27 in the road that is parallel to slip road and walked across to Mill Road to get the bus. Or you can drive into Waterhall playing fields and park there.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Even better if I stay on and work till 12:30 my boss has booked me a parking spot at Bridge. All turned out well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here