Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixeira playing for liverpool u21 on sky sports1,should we try & get him back

paul pring

Aug 11, 2011
tonbridge
Teixeira playing for liverpool u21 on sky sports1 just scored a lovely goal,should we try & get him back at brighton for good or another loan deal ? he is quality:albion2:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The money being banded about as Dunk's supposed value isn't far off what I'd expect Teixeira to cost so there's always the chance that should the mooted £5m in cash from Fulham or whoever materialise, we could plough that straight back into the team with a bid for young João.

On the one hand I don't know that he's perhaps as good as some people remember, as outside of the games in which he really turned it on were an awful lot of games where he did precisely shit all. But on the other hand he's still young and he obviously has talent there so there's every chance that his game will improve and his value will go up, hopefully having caught the eye by tearing up the Championship with us.

He doesn't appear to be anywhere near the Liverpool first team and at 22 he really needs to be playing regularly in competitive fixtures so it may be the time is right for both club and player to make a more permanent switch elsewhere.

I'd see it as a real statement of intent BUT he'd definitely cost more than we've spent on any one player before so the expectations would be high and it may take a couple of seasons for him to really find his gear.

Look at LuaLua. We were all creaming ourselves when we first brought him in but he's never actually had a season where he's really turned it on for a sustained period (although here's hoping this season is the one where that changes).

Teixeira could end up a very expensive impact sub and that would be pretty frustrating.

I'm also assuming he'd be interested in moving, which is far from certain. He could easily consider himself above a club of our stature.

About 1,000 times more inspiring a signing than Danny Graham however, and I sincerely hope there was zero truth in that depressing rumour.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
A friend of mine covering the game for a local paper has text me to say that there is easily over 100 scouts at the game tonight.

I've ask him for updates on anybody who catches his eye.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A friend of mine covering the game for a local paper has text me to say that there is easily over 100 scouts at the game tonight.

I've ask him for updates on anybody who catches his eye.
As a cub we went with the scouts to an England schoolboys game.
I think it was just the one coach so about 50 of us.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
On tonights performances he believes teams will be fighting to get Tex, Canos, Rossiter and Ilori.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] we never done anything like that when I was young, although I was in the Woodcraft Folk rather than the scouts - maybe why?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On tonights performances he believes teams will be fighting to get Tex, Canos, Rossiter and Ilori.
[MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] we never done anything like that when I was young, although I was in the Woodcraft Folk rather than the scouts - maybe why?!
I've started having late 1970's flashbacks now, and am resisting google.

I seem to remember a blond haired kiddie from Villa playing, his surname was possibly Shaw.

Trying to piece it together is the most effort I've used all day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's the only player I remember, and it turns out google's no help for the rest of the team anyway.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What we make from Dunk - Goldson's price = Teixeira Money?

Worth a cheeky bid, at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here