Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Family Stand - advice

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
So my eldest and I are moving from the WSU to the East Family Stand on Saturday as my youngest is attending his first match.

Just wondering what I should expect. Is there usually loads of pre match entertainment for them that makes it worthwhile getting there particularly early or is it Gully and a sweet stall?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Usually face painting, puppet shows etc quite a busy little concourse!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah as said there will be something going on, nearly always face painting.
But there's usually something laid on too.
The scientist was excellent, but that's not to detract from whatever magician, puppeteer, comedian happen to be there this week.

All the kids seem very comfortable on the concourse, but maybe that's just a familiarity thing.

Naturally during the warm ups the kids also do a pretty good job of attracting the players over (calde naturally) to say hello.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't stand up, shout or sing because people will give you daggers

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Don't stand up, shout or sing because people will give you daggers

this does happen allot unfortunately, also the family sat next to me since the first game at the AMEX often get up and down during the match and talk about EVERYTHING during the match apart from FOOTBALL!!! hence now my daughter is a teenager and doesn't want to watch footy anymore my boy and I have moved to the north.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
this does happen allot unfortunately, also the family sat next to me since the first game at the AMEX often get up and down during the match and talk about EVERYTHING during the match apart from FOOTBALL!!! hence now my daughter is a teenager and doesn't want to watch footy anymore my boy and I have moved to the north.

I never once thought of moving out of the WSU when I started taking my son. It was pretty good preparation for his two away games, the view is way better than the lower east corner and he gets lot of keep fit preparation for his Sunday football walking up and down the stairs :lolol:

I can understand why people would - all kids together, MUCH cheaper - but for me football's not about sweet stalls and face painting, there's enough of that at school events and his mates' parties.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I never once thought of moving out of the WSU when I started taking my son. It was pretty good preparation for his two away games, the view is way better than the lower east corner and he gets lot of keep fit preparation for his Sunday football walking up and down the stairs :lolol:

I can understand why people would - all kids together, MUCH cheaper - but for me football's not about sweet stalls and face painting, there's enough of that at school events and his mates' parties.

that's exactly why I moved! football should be the draw not face painting

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here