Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dry (away day) trains

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It doesn't feel as though we would get much impact from this, but even so...

There will be a different approach to dry trains from BTP and the train operating companies this season with dry trains being properly enforced. This means that when there is a dry train, we will warn people about trying to conceal alcohol in an attempt to take it onto the train past the BTP and train operating company staff at the alcohol check point, in contravention of the drink prohibition imposed on the train.

Being obviously drunk and so unsafe to travel, or trying to conceal drink in this manner and with this intention, will lead to people being refused travel.

Source: http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Drunk-f...ll-be-refused-travel-British-Transport-Police

Jan 30, 2008
It doesn't feel as though we would get much impact from this, but even so...

There will be a different approach to dry trains from BTP and the train operating companies this season with dry trains being properly enforced. This means that when there is a dry train, we will warn people about trying to conceal alcohol in an attempt to take it onto the train past the BTP and train operating company staff at the alcohol check point, in contravention of the drink prohibition imposed on the train.

Being obviously drunk and so unsafe to travel, or trying to conceal drink in this manner and with this intention, will lead to people being refused travel.

Source: http://fsf.org.uk/blog/view/Drunk-f...ll-be-refused-travel-British-Transport-Police
just drink more when you get to your destination???
regards
DR

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I so wish they had done that last Saturday, got absolutely battered on the train up, whilst there and carried it on the train back also, leading to train conga and twisting my knee.....:lol:.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Definitely wouldn't happen in Germany

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So when we buy an advance ticket two months before a match we will get told then it will be a dry train so avoiding purchasing drinks before or at the station and being told sorry you cant bring those on board - will we ****

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sigh, when will they learn that treating us like naughty children before we've done anything wrong is just patronising bollocks.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
It would seem that this only applies to trains heading *towards* the match destination.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I so wish they had done that last Saturday, got absolutely battered on the train up, whilst there and carried it on the train back also, leading to train conga and twisting my knee.....:lol:.

Must have been on the same train as us,the one with the Harold Shipman lookalike??

The train conga was great.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Sigh, when will they learn that treating us like naughty children before we've done anything wrong is just patronising bollocks.

Absolutely agree. I love an away game by train having a few beers whilst playing cards with mates. Hopefully most of our trains going north won't attract this OTT approach.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Unenforceable. Treat with contempt authorities treat us it seems.

"We'll drink when we want, Drink when we waaant..."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How can they realisticaly police this? Will take hours and hours to search everyone's bags before they get on .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Unenforceable. Treat with contempt authorities treat us it seems.

"We'll drink when we want, Drink when we waaant..."

Cannot see how they have taken the time to change the legislation and/or heavily publicise this change in policy and not plan to implement it. All just part of the greater nanny state that I hate, should not be allowed, existing laws should be used instead such as 'drunk and disorderly in a public place'. But that would entail actually engaging the brain and having to use proof in order to obtain a verdict of guilty upon a long existing criminal act, much easier to ban people from travelling and in the process wind them right up and then nick them for foul and abusive language.

I am a great fan of front line officers, but their bosses seem to just want to continually move the goalposts to obtain the required result. What happens on any given Saturday when Brighton are away at Pompey and Granny wants to get on at Portslade to get home to Southwick with her shopping, which just happens to include a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Cream?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How can they realisticaly police this? Will take hours and hours to search everyone's bags before they get on .

Will there be someone at Billingshurst or Christs Hospital stations to check my bag?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Cash and carry to find a catering pack of the largest 'takeaway' coffee cups ans lids. Fill with your shant of choice.

Easy peasy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here