Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 18 to Under 21 Transition time

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
Just been looking at the Official website and I notice that the Under 18's had a bit of a goal fest against Swansea ... one young lad - Jordan Maguire-Drew bagged four of the six goals bringing his total up to five goals so far. With the U21's failing to score should players like Jordan be given a chance to step up ? ???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
they do get the chance if they are good enough, plenty have been fast tracked into the u21s. Tilley and Tighe for starters, both 18 I am pretty sure.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just been looking at the Official website and I notice that the Under 18's had a bit of a goal fest against Swansea ... one young lad - Jordan Maguire-Drew bagged four of the six goals bringing his total up to five goals so far. With the U21's failing to score should players like Jordan be given a chance to step up ? ???

Maguire-Drew has played plenty of times for the U21s. He scored on his debut for them as a schoolboy before he'd even turned 16.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Wouldn't it be great to be able to look up more info on these younger players; maybe even on NSC? *sigh*

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
A Crawley boy, always was a cocky shit as I remember!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
they do get the chance if they are good enough, plenty have been fast tracked into the u21s. Tilley and Tighe for starters, both 18 I am pretty sure.

Tighe is a first year pro, so has naturally gone into the U21s. Tilley is a 2nd year scholar.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

What I tend to do whenever I've got any questions about the DS is to check up @AZGull's profile or, failing that, pose him a question. I'd be surprised if, outside of the club, there's a better source of information.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another goal for this lad in the 4-2 loss to Arsenal ....???

TopGoalscorers.jpg

Youthhawk: Top Goalscorers

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Goal highlights from Albion U-18s 2-1 defeat at Chelsea the other weekend.

The team lost 3-1 at home to Norwich on Saturday, leaving them in next-to-bottom position in the table. Maguire-Drew has been overtaken in the leading goalscorers table by Admiral Muskwe of Leicester City.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Goal highlights from Albion U-18s 2-1 defeat at Chelsea the other weekend.

The team lost 3-1 at home to Norwich on Saturday, leaving them in next-to-bottom position in the table. Maguire-Drew has been overtaken in the leading goalscorers table by Admiral Muskwe of Leicester City.

I like JMD a lot, it is generally quite difficult to pick out an outstanding player within a group of similar talented youngsters but for me Jordan is the standout.

I think the club have him on quite a long contract perhaps already 3 years pro after his scholarship finishes next year, but he has been overlooked a little for the under 21's and Tilley seemed to have leapfrogged him.

The club of course will say they have planned this and his current performances prove what a good decision it was, but I think he has shown the club not to forget him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I had no idea, until 30 seconds ago, how badly the Albion NEED a player called:-

Admiral Muskwe. :bowdown:

Tony sign that boy immediately.

Already I'm wondering if I should have Muskwe or Admiral on the back of my shirt.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Two more goals for Jordan Maguire-Drew today in an action-packed 3-3 draw at Southampton. JMD now has 10 goals for the season.

New US first-year scholar Sam Golan played his first match for the U-18s at centre-back after his international clearance came through.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

An interview with Jordan Maguire-Drew - Jordan Maguire-Drew Interview

He has missed the last six U-18 matches with ankle ligament damage, but hopes to return next weekend against Reading.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Jordan Maguire-Drew has joined Worthing on loan for the rest of the season. He will actually be available for Albion U-18s trip to Newcastle on Saturday before joining up with the Rebels for their fixture at South Park next Wednesday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here