Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bobby Zamora's goal scoring record

Oct 25, 2005
Hangleton
Will it be possible for a Brighton striker to surpass Bobby Z's goalscoring record of 83 goals for us? Obviously, we would need someone of exceptional quality to match the amount of goals scored. Even if we did have the right kind of player, at Championship level I can't imagine us keeping hold of a player with them being poached by a PL team. With Bobby, his goals came in the lower leagues so we were able to keep hold of him longer. I can't really see this happening again for a good few years. For example, if Hemed happens to bang in 20 goals for us this season he'll immediately be on lower Premier League team's radars.

In fact I can't think of many Championship strikers that have stuck with a club scoring a lot over a number of seasons. Jordan Rhodes springs to mind.

It is a bit of shame that we're unlikely to see another big-time cult-hero striker for quite some time (Bobby Z's return excluded) due to the lack of longevity, although you could say Ulloa became a real fans-favourite in his relatively short time with us. Partly because of his dignified exit. It is a bit annoying that whenever some performs above and beyond for us, a transfer to a bigger club seems likely. It is the nature of the beast.

We could realistically keep hold of player like Kayal for longer and he has a better chance to become an Albion great. He too will gather interest but I somehow imagine we could keep hold of him. :albion2:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Had CMS signed a 16 year contract he might have.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Anything is possible in the future.
They said Cliff Bastin's record at Arsenal would never be broken, and Ian Wright broke it.
They said Ian Wright's record at Arsenal would never be broken, and Thierry Henry broke it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Anything is possible in the future.
They said Cliff Bastin's record at Arsenal would never be broken, and Ian Wright broke it.
They said Ian Wright's record at Arsenal would never be broken, and Thierry Henry broke it.

Theirry Henry's scoring record at Arsenal will never be broken.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Will it be possible for a Brighton striker to surpass Bobby Z's goalscoring record of 83 goals for us? Obviously, we would need someone of exceptional quality to match the amount of goals scored. Even if we did have the right kind of player, at Championship level I can't imagine us keeping hold of a player with them being poached by a PL team. With Bobby, his goals came in the lower leagues so we were able to keep hold of him longer. I can't really see this happening again for a good few years. For example, if Hemed happens to bang in 20 goals for us this season he'll immediately be on lower Premier League team's radars.

In fact I can't think of many Championship strikers that have stuck with a club scoring a lot over a number of seasons. Jordan Rhodes springs to mind.

It is a bit of shame that we're unlikely to see another big-time cult-hero striker for quite some time (Bobby Z's return excluded) due to the lack of longevity, although you could say Ulloa became a real fans-favourite in his relatively short time with us. Partly because of his dignified exit. It is a bit annoying that whenever some performs above and beyond for us, a transfer to a bigger club seems likely. It is the nature of the beast.

We could realistically keep hold of player like Kayal for longer and he has a better chance to become an Albion great. He too will gather interest but I somehow imagine we could keep hold of him. :albion2:

Maybe Dunk could emulate this Legend
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/record-scorer-250051.aspx

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here