Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rea to go out on loan to Yeovil

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
...apparently, just pipping Newport County. Do not shoot the messenger, and all that. Would be good for him to get some game time.

Which would suggest that our CB options will be:

Greer
Hunemeier
Goldson (?)
Dunk or a replacement

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
if true does this change the Dunk situation?

Not really - it just means until we sign 2 more CBs, we're relying in Greer and Hunemeier as 1st choice with only Calde / Bruno / Ince as cover. It makes Saturday interesting if we have'n't signed anyone by then and Dunk doesn't play / has left though.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Which would suggest that our CB options will be:

Greer
Hunemeier
Goldson (?)
Dunk or a replacement

I don't see it like that, I see Goldson as our Dunk replacement.

Uwe and Greer as our first choice pairing with Goldson available to cover cup games, injuries and suspensions.

Any serious injury or suspension would probably see us getting a loan in or we'd rejig the back four with the players we have,

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't see it like that, I see Goldson as our Dunk replacement.

Uwe and Greer as our first choice pairing with Goldson available to cover cup games, injuries and suspensions.

Any serious injury or suspension would probably see us getting a loan in or we'd rejig the back four with the players we have,

Ok, let's see how it pans out. We had 4 CBs last season, but Hughes hardly got a game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There goes our 4th. choice CB then (assuming a Dunk out, Goldson in scenario). So perhaps Dunk not going? Or maybe we'll rely on one of Calde/Rosenior/Ince to cover (bearing in mind Dallison has already gone: anyone know for how long?).
Well, nobody can say this has been a boring window!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We would be okay with Greer/Uwe/Goldson. With Calde/Ince as 4th choice. If there's an injury we'll look for a loan.

The club apparently don't want to do loans to cover injury unless absolutely necessary.

I reckon Ince would be 4th choice CB, and if Rea is going on a 93 day loan ( rather than a half season, or full season loan ) we'd have a recall clause after 28 days.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'd rather send Greer out on loan or sell him to Fulham for £5mil and keep Dunk. Look after One's prized asset! I'm off to mow the lawn.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
We would be okay with Greer/Uwe/Goldson. With Calde/Ince as 4th choice. If there's an injury we'll look for a loan.

Ince is an abysmal centre back. Non-league standard. Gold son has enough experience to slot in and possibly make no more mistakes than Dunk habitually does. Bruno or Rosenior is the more likely 4th choice if we are ever that desperate.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'd rather send Greer out on loan or sell him to Fulham for £5mil and keep Dunk. Look after One's prized asset! I'm off to mow the lawn.

I'd rather we didn't sell any of them, bring Goldson in as cover, send Rea out for the season and then let him take Greers place in 16/17.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Didn't Bruno fill in at Centre Half during pre season to good effect? ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'd rather we didn't sell any of them, bring Goldson in as cover, send Rea out for the season and then let him take Greers place in 16/17.

I tend to agree that this is a more likely scenario, but either way, all this is mere speculation at the moment, Let's wait to see how things develop, after all Goldson's transfer isn't a done deal yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here