Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genuine question, is Tomer Hemed any better than Chris O'Grady?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I said my piece when we first signed TH. Stats don't lie - he'll bang in a penalty or two. I truly hope he makes the grade while proving me wrong at the same time. Sadly I reckon by the time we know the answer to the proposed question, probably around January, COG will be half way through a transfer and everyone will say, "You know what...he's decent for us".

Anyway, all looks good so far. Great start to the season. No reason to think anything but optimism at the moment (and I'm an avid pessimist).

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
In the short time with us he has been about as effective as COG so jury is still out for me, hopeful of better things though.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Hopefully the coaching staff are looking into how TH can contribute more. However, it should all be positive as we are scoring and winning. Let's build from that.

As for COG he is who is and his style of play isn't for everyone. The striker we had before him was one of albions best. He is effective at holding up the ball and is dangerous in the box as he gets shots in. He is effective.

Just like those strikers before him why we have to crush their confidence if they don't score 20 goals is beyond me,

Baldock has started this season well.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
So far this season in competitive games, COG has not been on the pitch at the same time as Baldock. So the predicted benefit of playing a nippy striker up with him have not been tested, and 4-4-2 gets binned. He has either played with one winger in the team or, if two, he has come on when they are both generally tiring. So I don't think that COG has benefitted from this season's change of tactics as he is more 'Plan B' which is to return to last season's shape and more cation.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Presumably other keepers will study those, and the next time we get a penalty, they'll fake move to the side, and wait for him to hit it. So he shouldn't wait for them to dive next time, he should just bury it, leaving them standing still in the middle. I guess I should tweet him.

On the evidence of the two pens he's scored for us, for me he's one of the best exponents of that technique as it's very late and very subtle with him. Be interesting to see if he can keep it up though as keepers become more wise to it as you say.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
I realise it's only a few games into to the season, but from what I've seen so far I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not fishing with this thread but want to have a sensible and grown up discussion. Contributions please.

Can't believe I have seen this thread. No comparison in my book.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's oozing confidence at the moment you can see it in his play, it's not perfect but he's slowly getting more and more comfortable.. Can't argue with 4 in 6. I just like his attitude he seems like one of them confident types who will back himself in any situation, something I like in a striker, seems a very passionate player as well.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I realise it's only a few games into to the season, but from what I've seen so far I'm beginning to wonder. I'm not fishing with this thread but want to have a sensible and grown up discussion. Contributions please.

It's close. Still undecided

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Is this going to be the new "What does Spanish Dave do?" thread?

spanish dave is shit
the what does spanish dave do? thread is started
spanish dave becomes brilliant
the wdsdd? thread is referred to in an attempt to shame those who questioned him
spanish dave is shit again
wdsdd? thread bumped again by those saying i told you so

in that respect, i hope it isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here