Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton delighted with Albion's unbeaten start [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Chris Hughton is “delighted” his team are still unbeaten after three games in the Championship.
But he says the start could have been even better.
A 1-1 draw at Huddersfield last night made it seven points from nine for the Seagulls, with only Ipswich above them in the table.
Hughton said: “Certainly if you had said that to me before the season started, particularly with two of those games being away from home, I’d have been delighted with that.
“We have to remember from the three league games so far only one of them has been at home so I’m delighted with that but we want to be able to go into our next game with an opportunity to try and win it again.”
A goal in 17 seconds by Beram Kayal was cancelled out early in the second half for Huddersfield by Derby County transfer target Jacob Butterfield.
Hughton said: “Overall it was a fair result. We didn’t keep the ball as well as we have done and that didn’t help us. When the spaces opened up we needed to have a little bit more control.”
Hughton threw on latest signing Jamie Murphy from Sheffield United for his debut in the last 15 minutes on the left-wing.
“It was exactly what we wanted from him,” he said. “Getting into wide areas, being a threat and keeping hold of possession.”
Murphy and German centre-half Uwe Huenemeier, who kept Lewis Dunk out of the side again last night, are poised for their first home appearances at the Amex on Saturday against Blackburn.
Bobby Zamora is also “close” to being fit for selection says Hughton but Andrew Crofts will continue his comeback from knee surgery in the under-21s against Newcastle at Lancing next Monday (1pm).

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here