Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KAYAL: FAST STARTS WORKING

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Beram Kayal revealed manager Chris Hughton has urged Brighton & Hove Albion to be more aggressive at the start of each game; a tactic which the midfielder feels has reaped dividends at the start of this season.
The Israeli got Albion off to a flying start with a strike after just 17 seconds, only to be cancelled out by Jacob Butterfield's goal in the second half.
He told Seagulls Player HD, “We did what the gaffer said and went forward to put the team under pressure from the start.
"It’s worked well in this game and in the last game against Fulham I had an early shot as well, so that’s something which we need to keep doing.
“Overall I’m happy to score, but disappointed that we didn’t win the game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

However the midfielder echoed the manager’s views regarding keeping possession and admitted lessons can be learned from the performance.
“We started the game very well and scored early which it’s always good as it always gives you confidence, and we had a few more chances to score afterwards as well.
“It was harder in the second half, but I think at the end of the game a draw is a good result if you look at the Championship table.
“We wanted to win the game after a great start, but that’s football and it changes from side-to-side and we need to know how to control the game better."
th-l229-2622428.jpg
Meanwhile the 27-year-old praised the impact of fellow Israeli Tomer Hemed since his arrival from Almeria in the summer, and stressed the importance of different players adding their names to the score-sheet.
“He [Tomer] gave a good contribution to the team today and is an important player. He’s working hard for the team and we always expect strikers to score goals, but from every chance he’s had, he’s scored goals.
“We are all working hard as a team to score goals and players like myself, Dale Stephens, Solly March, Kazenga LuaLua and others want to score goals to win games.
“At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter who scores goals as long as we win games.”
[h=3]ALBION V BLACKBURN ROVERS*
[/h]SATURDAY 22ND AUGUST, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V HULL CITY*
[/h]SATURDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V ROTHERHAM UNITED*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH SEPTEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here