Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On the way home from game - Huddersfield post-match analysis

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Evening all,
Would probably say that a draw was a fair result on reflection but if their was gonna be a winner it would of been for them.

Unbelievable start and what a cracker of a goal from Kayal on his left foot after 20 seconds, brilliant from Baldock to keep the ball and run straight down the right wing and play it across to Kayal who was in acres of space, don't think we will see a better goal scored this season or a better start at least! After a period of dominance in the opening 30 mins, Huddersfield came in to the game especially exploiting the flanks, in particular down their right wing where Bong was rather poor I thought and often caught out of position of muscled off the ball with ease, however they didn't really threaten.

Second half started and they looked like a different team and so did we, they were fighting and battling for every ball and had the momentum where as we looked lacklustre. Brilliant goal from Huddersfield for the equaliser I must add but maybe Stockdale wasn't in the best position, hard to tell from the other end of the ground. From then onwards it was all Hudds. Hughton brought on Ince to sit in front of the back four and be an anchor man and he did the job he was required to. Have to say their number 9 Ishamel Miller was a handful and won pretty much everything pumped forward towards him. O'Grady had a chance with 10 mins to go but rather than shoot played it across to Stephens who rather than put his foot through it tried to place it but shot straight at their 'keeper.
Disappointing not to take all three points but we do look a much better side from last season, Kayal is a huge player for us. Still second in the league so hopefully we get the win on Saturday.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Evening all,
Would probably say that a draw was a fair result on reflection but if their was gonna be a winner it would of been for them.

Unbelievable start and what a cracker of a goal from Kayal on his left foot after 20 seconds, brilliant from Baldock to keep the ball and run straight down the right wing and play it across to Kayal who was in acres of space, don't think we will see a better goal scored this season or a better start at least! After a period of dominance in the opening 30 mins, Huddersfield came in to the game especially exploiting the flanks, in particular down their right wing where Bong was rather poor I thought and often caught out of position of muscled off the ball with ease, however they didn't really threaten.

Second half started and they looked like a different team and so did we, they were fighting and battling for every ball and had the momentum where as we looked lacklustre. Brilliant goal from Huddersfield for the equaliser I must add but maybe Stockdale wasn't in the best position, hard to tell from the other end of the ground. From then onwards it was all Hudds. Hughton brought on Ince to sit in front of the back four and be an anchor man and he did the job he was required to. Have to say their number 9 Ishamel Miller was a handful and won pretty much everything pumped forward towards him. O'Grady had a chance with 10 mins to go but rather than shoot played it across to Stephens who rather than put his foot through it tried to place it but shot straight at their 'keeper.
Disappointing not to take all three points but we do look a much better side from last season, Kayal is a huge player for us. Still second in the league so hopefully we get the win on Saturday.

Thanks for that.

Safe trip home, and keep well.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Evening all,

After Murphy came on, it looked much more like the first half.
We began to dominate again, so we definitely deserved to win tonight, especially as we really should have gone in at least 2-0 at HT.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Evening all,

It sounded on the wireless like the substitutions brought about a lot more stability. As if we finished with more possession. Was that correct ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Did Murphy look good? Sounded so on the radio in his brief stint
Murphy played on the left and looks like he has something about him, it was his ball through to O'Grady for his chance where he passed across goal rather than shoot. I'd start Murphy over March on Saturday

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
It sounded on the wireless like the substitutions brought about a lot more stability. As if we finished with more possession. Was that correct ?
Last 10 minutes we did have more of the ball but apart from the one chance we didn't really capitalise on it. Ince coming on in front of the defence shored us up and made Huddersfield less of a threat

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Shame if Bong had a poor one. Showed promise in forest game but also made a mistake that lead to Fulham goal Saturday. Did think the thread heaping praise on him and saying how good he's going to be was tempting fate a little - in true NSC style of course. Hopefully he can settle down Sat and have another good game.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just to say a big WELL DONE to those fans who travelled upto Huddersfield for a midweek game. :albion2::ascarf:
I'm sure your efforts were appreciated by the players tonight. Safe journey back Albionites!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the secret us getting the balance right between possession, and going forward with intent. Going forward with intent and we lose the ball more often. I hope we don't lose our ability to pass the ball accurately with more of a percentage game.

Before we did not have the intent. When we were 1-0 up, I was hoping we could keep the ball more and pass more accurately even if is backwards and sideways at times. I'd sooner have us playing possession football than defending deep all the time.

1-0 up and we don't have to play a quick an obvious ball forward like we do when chasing the game.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Evening all,

Come again?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Agree Kayal (even not counting goal) stood out for us. I thought that Bong did some solid work and some good blocks. Greer misplaced passes towards end which caused problems. I was disappointed with my 1st view of Hemed, as neither played off Baldock or as target man. Needed a change of shape as Huddersfield looking more likely to get winner 2nd half. I think Ince was meant to deal with their big centreforward. We certainly looked more likely to score once O'Grady came on. Overall, a share of spoils fair, but i have a headache from their drums!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree Kayal (even not counting goal) stood out for us. I thought that Bong did some solid work and some good blocks. Greer misplaced passes towards end which caused problems. I was disappointed with my 1st view of Hemed, as neither played off Baldock or as target man. Needed a change of shape as Huddersfield looking more likely to get winner 2nd half. I think Ince was meant to deal with their big centreforward. We certainly looked more likely to score once O'Grady came on. Overall, a share of spoils fair, but i have a headache from their drums!
Huddersfield had 5 in midfield so we were getting over run until Ince came on to strengthen us. Hemmed & Baldock weren't pushing forward as much as at Fulham which invited more pressure. Disappointing but a draw was the right result.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Shame if Bong had a poor one. Showed promise in forest game but also made a mistake that lead to Fulham goal Saturday.
I feel partly responsible for highlighting (or at least, going on about) his mistake on Saturday. He could have seen it out for a goal kick, but it wasn't that bad a mistake. I got the feeling he did well for us on occasions tonight, when his pace got him back in time to stop a threat.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I'd be interested to know how the German got on tonight

Uwe really impressed me - good in the air,not afraid to put his foot in, reminded me slightly of Danny Cullip and he seems to command the back four more than Greer who for what it's worth I think may need a rest from the side. If we can keep Dunk and have him form a partnership with Uwe then I can see us being really solid at the back.

Shame if Bong had a poor one. Showed promise in forest game but also made a mistake that lead to Fulham goal Saturday. Did think the thread heaping praise on him and saying how good he's going to be was tempting fate a little - in true NSC style of course. Hopefully he can settle down Sat and have another good game.

On reflection I may have been a tad harsh on Bong but for me he got beat down his side far too many times and from what I can remember lost pretty much every head to head with Miller in the air and he was also beaten for pace. Also had the chance to put a cross in to the box in the last few minutes but instead chose to pass back inside to Murphy I believe.

Credit to the Huddersfield fans though, they sang from pretty much 95% of the game however with the assist of the drum. Finally home now and I have to say that I have lost my voice from all the chants that I started tonight stood at the back, it's good being back at the game though and I'm sure I'll see more fellow NSCers at Ipswich a week on Saturday.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Come again?

Disappointing not to hold on to the lead especially after our performance for the first 30 mins but Huddersfield were the better team so probably a fair result. Huddersfield fans after the game I spoke to pretty much agreed.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sounded like a typical game of 2 halves.
All us first half and all them, up until the last 10 mins in the second half.
When taking an early lead we should really press for a second as It is easier to defend.
Trying to defend a single goal lead for the whole of the second half was always going to be hard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here