Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do we lack the killer instinct?

Why is do we always sit back after we score and invite the opposition to try and equalise? We seem to lack that killer instinct to kill teams off that you need to be a top team. We scored in the first minute, and then sat back for the next 89 minutes. It happened too many times last season, and if we don't change our mentality, it will again this season.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
we are second in the league won two and drawn one....

Its football, we had our chances, sometimes it doesn't work out, move on....

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Why is do we always sit back after we score and invite the opposition to try and equalise? We seem to lack that killer instinct to kill teams off that you need to be a top team. We scored in the first minute, and then sat back for the next 89 minutes. It happened too many times last season, and if we don't change our mentality, it will again this season.

FFS your a positive fella aren't you? 4 points from 2 away games and unbeaten in first 3 games.
What a buffoon!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our problem is /was conceding a goal straight after scoring. Tonight we managed 53 minutes in the lead. Just rejoice at a bit of progress!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
we are second in the league won two and drawn one....

Its football, we had our chances, sometimes it doesn't work out, move on....

Without decent strikers we will struggle again this season one goal a game in open play is not good enough, relying on COG as a sub to change the game is a joke he was shit last season why do the club think he will be any better this time around. When will Tony wake up and smell the coffee

FFS your a positive fella aren't you? 4 points from 2 away games and unbeaten in first 3 games.
What a buffoon!

I'm very happy at where we are currently, but when you play against teams like Huddersfield, and they are there for the taking, we need to be more aggressive and try and win the game. Maybe you were happy sitting at the bottom of the table fighting for our lives, but I would rather we were pushing for promotion like the previous two seasons! Finishing off teams when you're ahead is the difference between success and failure. Why would you want to fail? Why would you be happy with a draw?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
It's still a good start to the season. More good to come I hope. Bobby and Harper not too far away. Crofts is also near fully fit.

Our problem is /was conceding a goal straight after scoring. Tonight we managed 53 minutes in the lead. Just rejoice at a bit of progress!

I agree, it was so much better than last season, when we always seemed to concede straight after scoring. But I would still like us to hold on to a lead better. If Hughton is happy with winning each game with a single goal, he needs to shaw up the midfield as soon as we score. Personally I'd like us to go out and try and score a second and put the game out of sight.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
7 from 9 , two of those away with an incomplete squad.

I'd have taken that

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Right, 7 points, 3 games, and a cup victory, and we still have whinging CJTCs! Unbelievable......

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Fantastic start to the season and 99% of fans will be happy (maybe 79% on NSC.) This is a tough division and only one team scored twice in the championship tonight. Bobby to come and Murphy to bed in are positives to look forward too and Uwe has made a solid start. Think there will be one more major signing possibly two if Dunk goes. We have character through out the team and the signs are that we will have a much better season than last year. There will be ups and downs but enjoy the buzz of a good start.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh come on, only three games played!, won two and drawn one. Not good enough for you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here