Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PAFC-v-CUFC.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fans yes but probably not the clubs because they would possibly fly irrespective of when the game is or travel down yesterday and back tonight on a coach sleeping with the day off tomorrow. About 6 hours driving time.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Perhaps they could "do a Brentford" and just postpone the game. No sign of any punishment being imposed so far ??? :shrug:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The fans yes but probably not the clubs because they would possibly fly irrespective of when the game is or travel down yesterday and back tonight on a coach sleeping with the day off tomorrow. About 6 hours driving time.

I would be very surprised if many Division 2 clubs can afford to fly to away games, most of them are potless

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Yes, because this is all about the players :facepalm:

And, to be fair, i often think you are 'picked on', but not on this occasion

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
There was a double header saturday and tuesday game where we were away at carlisle on the saturday and then away at yeovil on the tuesday a few years ago, absolutely ridiculous journey for the fans and for the players.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I don't think for one moment Carlisle Utd will be flying ? More like a 10am departure from Cumberland and a stop for lunch before arriving around 5pm at Home Park ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Skybet are picking up the travel costs and the cost of the tickets for every Carlisle fan that has gone. Good publicity I know, but a great effort from Skybet

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
There was a double header saturday and tuesday game where we were away at carlisle on the saturday and then away at yeovil on the tuesday a few years ago, absolutely ridiculous journey for the fans and for the players.

Boro away at 12.15, last game of the season, two years on the trot.

Football League tossers

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Was in Plymouth earlier today. A fair few Carlisle fans about. Fair play to them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would be very surprised if many Division 2 clubs can afford to fly to away games, most of them are potless

Yes, because this is all about the players :facepalm:

And, to be fair, i often think you are 'picked on', but not on this occasion

Fly? Fly? Have a guess why we are now sponsored by Virgin Trains!!!!!

It would seem logical to go by train then assuming it is not too difficult. I would think to hire a small plane and fly would not be much dearer than train. The players need rest and as they are, if going by coach, in a luxury coach they can rest and sleep then have tomorrow off, so no great problem. It is not much worse than Gillingham coming home from Bury just an hour or so..

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Bury to Gillingham 260 miles, carlisle to Plymouth 390 miles........good 2 - 2.5 hrs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here