Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bristol City spending £9m on a striker

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously that's mental. How did they get to £9m? Doesn't that mean that Brentford first had to turn down offers like 5 or 6 million? That's as mental as Bristol bidding in the first place.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Bloody good player but £9M is pretty mental. I'd suggest they're going to need more than a striker to be competitive this year though.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They've already spent £2.1 million on Kodjia so if the deal goes through they'll have a very expensive strikeforce.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Bristol City chairman is loaded, looks like another club blowing there 3 seasons FFP losses in one attempt to go up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They must be stopped! I'd expect Boro to match that bid as they're after another striker and money is no object for them either. It's a gamble to splash cash like this which is still paying off for QPR, I'm surprised more clubs aren't 'going for it'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bristol City chairman is loaded, looks like another club blowing there 3 seasons FFP losses in one attempt to go up.
That's not the rule until nest season.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
One season of league football in his career and City think he is worth £9 million? Absolutely nuts.

Just read this on his Wiki page:

'He was the subject of reported transfer interest from League One neighbours Milton Keynes Dons in May 2014, but the Dons baulked at his £300,000 price tag.'

Oh dear :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems no fringe Premier league striker wants to go to Bristol City so they've turned their attention to up and coming 2nd division strikers and as insane as it seems, that does appear to be the going rate.

They are paying for not having a decent Europe wide scout network I guess? When you think about it, even with some of our few duds, we've still uncovered Ulloa and hopefully Hemed for a fraction of that £9m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here