Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forfars

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Just parked my van to grab some lunch (as I do most days) - Rustington today. Parked right outside a Forfars but still found myself walking further down to purchase my lunchtime pastie from one of their competitors.
Silly I know but I still can't bring myself to use them even after all these years as I don't like to put money in that Cuttress woman's coffers.
Am I being petty and should I move on?
It got me thinking that even if I was to only use them once or twice a month for my lunch that's £6-7 or £75 a year. Over the last 10 years they have missed out on £750 from me alone so how many other Albion fans do the same and how much has it cost them?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You're probably removing money from a lot of Albion fans who work for them and giving it to a national competitor. But they are a bit overpriced.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not a big consumer of such products, nor do I live in Sussex, but I've done my sums, and you can put me down for missed revenue of £14.78

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I've clearly missed out on something here? What/when was the Forfars issue?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just parked my van to grab some lunch (as I do most days) - Rustington today. Parked right outside a Forfars but still found myself walking further down to purchase my lunchtime pastie from one of their competitors.
Silly I know but I still can't bring myself to use them even after all these years as I don't like to put money in that Cuttress woman's coffers.
It got me thinking that even if I was to only use them once or twice a month for my lunch that's £6-7 or £75 a year. Over the last 10 years they have missed out on £750 from me alone so how many other Albion fans do the same and how much has it cost them?

It takes about 2 mins to make a couple of sandwiches. Quicker than it takes to go into a shop and buy one. You could save yourself £1000 a year.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I remember choosing to walk past them and resolve my doughnut craving elsewhere many years ago. Add 50p to the tally for me.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You're probably removing money from a lot of Albion fans who work for them and giving it to a national competitor. But they are a bit overpriced.

.....national competitors employing local staff who possibly also support the Albion.

Keep the boycott going I reckon although it would be intriguing to see what would happen if they offered a cut price deal to the club's caterers (whether or not the contract allows the club to veto individual products?). ???

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
It takes about 2 mins to make a couple of sandwiches. Quicker than it takes to go into a shop and buy one. You could save yourself £1000 a year.
Yeah, yeah. And I could never drink in a pub because beers cheaper at Tesco, and I could sell my car, give up my season ticket etc, etc...but that's not the point I was making!

goldstone rocks

Feb 25, 2009

Money would not be going to "Cutress woman's coffers" as you refer to it as he has retired. He still has a season ticket for the Albion and watches home games and some away games.
Maybe you can have your sarnie or pasty without guilt or having to walk further or give you money to "local business killer" Greggs with its 1671 shops and from Newcastle. Buy local.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Using the same principle, did you shop in Focus DIY (or would you have if there had been one near where you live) whilst Archer owned them, as I know I didn't/couldnt?

I know Cuttress' impact on the Albion wasn't on the same scale, but she's hardly been a friend to the Albion.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Money would not be going to "Cutress woman's coffers" as you refer to it as he has retired. He still has a season ticket for the Albion and watches home games and some away games.
Maybe you can have your sarnie or pasty without guilt or having to walk further or give you money to "local business killer" Greggs with its 1671 shops and from Newcastle. Buy local.
I was referring to Melanie Cuttress not her season ticket holder husband who seemed to distance himself at the time - isn't the family still shareholders?
And I went to a different independent local NOT Greggs so don't worry!

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Yeah, yeah. And I could never drink in a pub because beers cheaper at Tesco, and I could sell my car, give up my season ticket etc, etc...but that's not the point I was making!

If you made your own sandwiches you could drink more pints in the pub and get a better car.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Actually think they would be great at the catering but hey ho ....waits to be flamed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here