Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

45K stolen with safe from cafe!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had a bit of a chinny reckon with that meself.

I'm sure the insurers will get to the bottom of it...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I bet it's not just the teas, it's probably the sort of place that will do you a panini but only serve it with 'hand fried kettle chips' or 'crisps' as the rest of the world know them.

You want actual chips with your panini? Of course you do. £2.50 extra please.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Cash is invisible. Some businesses count on that. Some of that dosh was probably waiting to disappear....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The other strange thing about this was the fact they knocked two holes in the wall - as they got the position wrong. How much noise must that they have made doing that (and that's not a two minute job either). And the seafront on a summer's night is not an empty place. Bizarre

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Hypothetically an owner could falsify his takings to show they had taken loads of cash. They could audio remove a fair chunk of the inner wall, the safe and what cash they had at their leisure. Finally a quick nighttime sledge hammer session on the outside and jobs a good'un.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't suppose the Police enquiries are limited to discovering the identity of the raiders. £45k kept in an unsecure lock up type building on a quiet stretch of seafront overnight, nothing suspicious there then!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And I thought the Ritz in London was expensive as they charged £70 for tea and scones the last time I was there. 6 year waiting list as well for morning tea.

What a very unusual first post :shrug: unless you're lining up for something else.

Anyway, if you want tea at the Ritz again you can book most of their 'tea' options from Thursday this week, and the full selection of 'tea' options are available to book from next Tuesday. I guess the waiting list is a thing of the past.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
That's a lot of BREAD to keep in a cafe overnight. Whoever has been dodging the run to the bank is likely to be TOAST. The only thing I can think would save their BACON is an EGGcellent EGGscuse.

The hole the thieves got the safe out looks small, there wouldn't have been MUSHROOM for manoeuvre.

Etc.

#WHEELWEAN

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here