Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is this PC gone barmy

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
or am I just an old bigoted dinosaur. "Foreigner" is now unacceptable? Where's it all going to end?

St Johnstone: Brad McKay charged over 'foreigner' remark

St Johnstone defender Brad McKay has been charged with making an "offensive comment" about Hearts striker Juanma.
The 22-year-old was widely quoted describing the Spaniard as "a typical foreigner" who "gets touched and goes down"

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
It's not the word foreigner that's offensive, it's attributing negative behaviour to being foreign. The 'typical foreigner' remark is clearly pejorative. When people refer to me as a 'guiri' in Spain, I'm sometimes offended depending on the context.

Should he be charged? I don't know. They don't seem to have specified what, if any, sanction there will be.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It doesn't seem to be the word "foreigner" on it's own that is the problem. It's the word "typical" alongside it. Doesn't bother me but try putting it alongside other words: typical black man or typical woman.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, as a remark it is rather rac.....oh, hang on, it isn't :shrug:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
or am I just an old bigoted dinosaur. "Foreigner" is now unacceptable? Where's it all going to end?

St Johnstone defender Brad McKay has been charged with making an "offensive comment" about Hearts striker Juanma.
The 22-year-old was widely quoted describing the Spaniard as "a typical foreigner" who "gets touched and goes down"

Sounds daft to me, but then again I am of a certain age where this kind of thing doesn't really matter.
Makes me laugh;I wonder what kind of insults fly around Test Matches....Pommy *******s, Aussie *******s, whinging Poms and far worse.It is all racist,if you want to look at everything like that.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
PC gone mad(der).

I wish this country would stop being so delicate sometimes.

2014118134756_2ir5jlz.png

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Charged by whom, and with what? If it's the Scottish FA, then it could be bringing the game into disrepute?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
It doesn't seem to be the word "foreigner" on it's own that is the problem. It's the word "typical" alongside it. Doesn't bother me but try putting it alongside other words: typical black man or typical woman.

Exactly. How would everyone react if they had said typical woman?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Well i take exception to being called a Pommie *******,mind you they are not happy when i shout back Convicts !

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Isn't he just stating his opinion of a particular 'type' of people? No one has to believe him and I do t see any malice in the statement.

Isn't it like a Spanish player saying typical English player kicking the ankles and being aggressive!

The comment doesn't even specify a particular nationality and covers 6 billion people lol!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here