Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bathroom extractor fan

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I need an extractor fan fitted into my bathroom and automatically turn on when the light is switched on. Can anyone recommend someone for such a job in the Worthing area?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is there an existing hole to the outside world? as in is it one that need replacing or a new install?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Completely new install required.

Then you are going to need someone with a big 4" or 6" brick boring bit to go through the wall, or the other option is to have a through glass one, this involve new glass for where its going,
I don't have such big bits i'm afraid so can't help.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Then you are going to need someone with a big 4" or 6" brick boring bit to go through the wall, or the other option is to have a through glass one, this involve new glass for where its going,
I don't have such big bits i'm afraid so can't help.

Or through the bathroom ceiling and out through the soffit/ roof tile.

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
My son is an self-employed electrician based in Worthing and is happy to look at this job. Just send me a message and I will get his number over to you.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I need an extractor fan fitted into my bathroom and automatically turn on when the light is switched on. Can anyone recommend someone for such a job in the Worthing area?

Go silent is my tip.
One of my many claims to fame (who else can boast an extractor fan claim to fame I ask!?) is that I bought the next silent fan after Adele from a warehouse on Southwick seafront. Wonderful it is, tickles over 24/7 and can even adjust to levels of moisture in the air and decide whether to perform or not after each visit and for how long. Every home should have one

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Go silent is my tip.
One of my many claims to fame (who else can boast an extractor fan claim to fame I ask!?) is that I bought the next silent fan after Adele from a warehouse on Southwick seafront. Wonderful it is, tickles over 24/7 and can even adjust to levels of moisture in the air and decide whether to perform or not after each visit and for how long. Every home should have one

I imagine, given her stature and likely diet, that she's got hers set to CHERNOBYL DECONTAMINATION LEVEL 5 for every visit.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I'm an electrician over eastbourne way, but am over brighton way a fair bit. If you have no joy then PM me and I'll see what availability I have.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Are you sure you want an installation so that the fan extracts only when your bathroom light is on. That can be a bit of a pain, why not have it separately wired so you don't have to have the light on at a time when it is bright sunlight or your prying neighbour may be following your every movement !

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's the problem with just opening the window?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here