Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Vulcan and Shoreham Air Show

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I see that the Vulcan will now be flying at Shoreham on both the Saturday and the Sunday, but does anyone know at what approximate time?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Probably be late in the day (was 2nd to last aircraft last year), as a lot of people leave once the Vulcan displays, so they'll want to keep people there (spending cash etc). However, a lot leaving early may ease the traffic congestion?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Probably be late in the day (was 2nd to last aircraft last year), as a lot of people leave once the Vulcan displays, so they'll want to keep people there (spending cash etc). However, a lot leaving early may ease the traffic congestion?

I'm not sure the organisers get to make that sort of call, so many variables to think about, ATC, other airshows etc.... They have warned about noisy times, which would mainly by Vulcan and Typhoon, and to a lesser extent, Sea Vixen and Hunter:-

[h=3]Saturday 22nd August[/h]
  • 1.10pm – 2.10pm
  • 2.30pm – 2.45pm
[h=3]Sunday 23rd August[/h]
  • 1.10pm – 2.10pm
  • 3.45pm – 4.10pm

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Excellent, I was hoping to get a chance to see it one last time, but couldn't be arsed to go to Eastbourne.

I will do my usual, take the binoculars and hang around like Gary Glitter at a playpark next to the benches outside the Red Lion or Amsterdam. Then as soon as someone leaves I'll POUNCE, and that'll be my afternoon snorted.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
thanks for the feedback - here was my pic from Saturday - Vulcan love...

IMG_6606.JPG

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I'm not sure the organisers get to make that sort of call, so many variables to think about, ATC, other airshows etc.... They have warned about noisy times, which would mainly by Vulcan and Typhoon, and to a lesser extent, Sea Vixen and Hunter:-

[h=3]Saturday 22nd August[/h]
  • 1.10pm – 2.10pm
  • 2.30pm – 2.45pm
[h=3]Sunday 23rd August[/h]
  • 1.10pm – 2.10pm
  • 3.45pm – 4.10pm

If we asked nicely do you think they could fly over the Amex just before kickoff on Saturday? Make a change from Fanzone!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Here's one I bagged on Saturday :
thumb_GC151973_1024.jpg

Fantastic photo.

There is an awesome video on youtube, if you look for it, with a lovely shot of the Vulcan swooping round the lighthouse.

Got to say the passengers on the Newhaven ferry must have had a fantastic view too.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Vulcan is at Bournemouth on Sunday at 16:36 so before or after that.

Typhoon is at Bournemouth on Sat 16:51 and Sun 16:45.

Sounds like they both could be on later in the afternoon to keep the crowds from leaving as somebody else said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here