Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fitness

albionite

May 20, 2009
Is our team fit enough?

Watching the second half against Fulham still not sure if it's a case that they had more of the ball resulting in us chasing it or we let Fulham back into the game as we used all energy closing them down in first half. ( loved the work rate if we can keep that up reckon we will be top6). Looked more of a case we let them back into the game rather than them stepping it up.

Was a little surprised to see some of our players knackered so early in season I know it was a little humid.

Will be interesting to see how we do against Huddersfield on Tuesday.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Christ on a bike its two games in. I expect by Oct/Nov they will be much more match fitter, I have no problems at this stage them running out of puff. We completely dominated most of that game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suspect the 4-4-2 formation, rather than the lack of fitness was the issue in the second half. Stephen and Kayal looked knackered and when Ince can on and we went to more of a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 there was less space for Fulham and we suddenly were not chasing them.

Good point, but even in a 4-4-2, you expect the wingers to provide a degree of cover and tuck in when necessary. At 60 mins neither KLL or March seemed capable of doing any sort of defensive work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here