Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] New Disney Land Announced - Star Wars

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
New Disney Land - Star Wars

That sounds very interesting.

I guess [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will need to go to Florida again!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm going to America!

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
No, only Banthas and Wamp Rats

And herein lies the problem. In its natural, non-captive desert terrain a Bantha can roam on average 100 miles a day. A captive one, fully loaded down and carrying 1-2 Tusken Raiders can still do 80 miles. What sort of life are they going to have in an enclosure behind a frozen yoghurt concession stand in a Florida theme park? ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This announcement was widely anticipated. Hollywood Studios is going to be barely worth a visit whilst this and "Toy Story Land" get built there.

They also revealed some more details on "Avatar Land" currently in construction at Animal Kingdom.

Universal have really upped their investment in their Orlando parks and Disney have had to respond.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This announcement was widely anticipated. Hollywood Studios is going to be barely worth a visit whilst this and "Toy Story Land" get built there.

They also revealed some more details on "Avatar Land" currently in construction at Animal Kingdom.

Universal have really upped their investment in their Orlando parks and Disney have had to respond.

Leave it a couple of years?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Leave it a couple of years?

They didn't put any timescales on the new Star Wars stuff did they?

Seems unlikely that it will all be done in a year or two so if it's important to you and you might only make the one visit, you probably want to wait.

There's plenty of stuff other than Hollywood Studios though...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They are going to destroy Star Wars with total over exposure . But flying the Millenium Falcon, yes please.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They didn't put any timescales on the new Star Wars stuff did they?

Seems unlikely that it will all be done in a year or two so if it's important to you and you might only make the one visit, you probably want to wait.

There's plenty of stuff other than Hollywood Studios though...

Probably looking at 2020/21 for Star Wars and 2017/18 for Toy Story Land. But, as you say, plenty of other things to see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking the Falcon will need wider seats.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Surely this all kind of hinges on whether The Force Awakens is actually any good though? If it's another Phantom Menace (I sincerely doubt it will be though) all this StarWars hype will fade away again.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I follow @OrlandoInformer on twitter who keeps everybody up to date with all the goings on at the parks, useful to follow.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Surely this all kind of hinges on whether The Force Awakens is actually any good though? If it's another Phantom Menace (I sincerely doubt it will be though) all this StarWars hype will fade away again.

Their confidence seems to suggest it should be good... In JJ I trust.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
But flying the Millenium Falcon, yes please.

Just for the opportunity to utter the words "Punch it Chewie" whilst the mrs makes wookie noises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here