Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Airport.jpgAirport.jpg

What plane is this..?..Croydon airport 1942:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Thanks for input....I have been through my aircraft spotters book from WW2...going by the square passenger windows and it looks like it has a prop on the nose...so more of a transport/passenger carrier. Good shot at the main guess....bu twhat/ why would a complete German aircraft be doing at Croydon airport in 1942.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Thanks for input....I have been through my aircraft spotters book from WW2...going by the square passenger windows and it looks like it has a prop on the nose...so more of a transport/passenger carrier. Good shot at the main guess....bu twhat/ why would a complete German aircraft be doing at Croydon airport in 1942.

Dunno. You asked what the plane was; I've said I'm pretty sure what it is. Can't help with the follow up question, I'm afraid...except....how certain are you that it is Croydon airport? Oh...and JU 52 were sold in civilian strip before the war, so maybe, if it is Croydon, a local carrier bought one?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Batting is correct it is a Wibault 282 and that looks like Croydon Airport.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The metal sides of the JU 52 and the Ford Tri-motor were corrugated, were they not?

A JU-52 in BEA colors (1946/7) can be seen here.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The metal sides of the JU 52 and the Ford Tri-motor were corrugated, were they not?

A JU-52 in BEA colors (1946/7) can be seen here.
THAT LOOKS PRETTY MUCH THE PLANE TO ME.....Good find....I know it was Croydon airport,my grandmother lived about 2 miles from there and that's me (3 y.o.) and mother under the plane

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Perhaps it was the plane that the REAL Rudolph Hess flew to England?

Fact: I work in the building in Glasgow City Centre where Rudolph Hess was kept for three days after he landed on Uplawmoor. The authorities feared civil uprising and so didn't want him kept in a local police cell. So they found this place with a large vault underneath and put him here instead. I can report that i)he no longer is downstairs and ii) Gary Kemp and the others of Spandau Ballet are still there.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here