Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A sad start to Monday morning.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I came down this morning to find that my dear old Cat, Earthquake, had passed away during the night. 15 years old and only two visits to the vet during his life. It's always so sad to lose a family member but one is left with happy memories. Onwards and upwards.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Those without pets can never understand the pain of your loss. No doubt they will arrive on this thread at some point. But I understand your loss. Hang in there and think of the joy of getting a kitten/puppy in a few months.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Those without pets can never understand the pain of your loss. No doubt they will arrive on this thread at some point. But I understand your loss. Hang in there and think of the joy of getting a kitten/puppy in a few months.

Thanks for your kindness.

I came down this morning to find that my dear old Cat, Earthquake, had passed away during the night. 15 years old and only two visits to the vet during his life. It's always so sad to lose a family member but one is left with happy memories. Onwards and upwards.

Pets are a real gift,the un-judgemental love that a cat or dog gives when you walk in the front door is something I never want to be without.
RIP Earthquake.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
At least he died at home. The other halfs Cat a few weeks back aged 15 and could barely go more than 30 yards from the house vanished while she was out the house for an hour. Despite looking for him we couldn't find him . She is still very upset.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Imagine standing at the back door, shouting................. Earthquake......Earthquake. ​RIP Earthquake.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Really sorry to hear that mate, I would be gutted if my little puss went, but inevitably will one day. Chin up !

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Sorry to hear about Earthquake- we lost our two (brother and sister) within a couple of years of each other- still miss both of them- sadly now we have moved to a flat we are unable to replace them . RIP Earthquake [emoji81]

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I had a cat from aged 10 to 31. I cried like i was 10 when he passed away. I know your pain

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry to hear your news. Your cat doubtless leaves you with a thousand happy memories.

Incidentally, great name for a cat too.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
At least he died at home. The other halfs Cat a few weeks back aged 15 and could barely go more than 30 yards from the house vanished while she was out the house for an hour. Despite looking for him we couldn't find him . She is still very upset.

I had that happen a couple of years ago. We knew Honey was reaching the end of her life, but she still seemed to be enjoying what time she had left. I was taking her back to the vets the next day to assess whether it was time to put her to sleep as she had deteriorated in the previous 24 hours, but didn't lock the cat flap. I couldn't find her and never did. Some cats do go off to die on their own. I found it very hard to cope, not knowing where she had gone.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
My parents had their cat put to sleep a couple of weeks ago. Ginge was 19 and had some sort of skin cancer, so I feel your pain.
I usually look after their cats when they go on hols, which I don't need to now, which does feel a strange.

RIP Earthquake, now curled up on the sofa in the sky.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
If you can look back knowing that they had a great life while you took care of them, that might be something of a consolation at a rotten time. RIP Earthquake.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I had that happen a couple of years ago. We knew Honey was reaching the end of her life, but she still seemed to be enjoying what time she had left. I was taking her back to the vets the next day to assess whether it was time to put her to sleep as she had deteriorated in the previous 24 hours, but didn't lock the cat flap. I couldn't find her and never did. Some cats do go off to die on their own. I found it very hard to cope, not knowing where she had gone.
We looked for days everywhere and couldn't find him .She has another Cat and just taken over ownership of a 5 yr old that thinks it's a kitten and has settled in .

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a family member, and although it's always a shock when they die, take comfort from the fact that Earthquake died peacefully during the night, hopefully in his sleep, no pain, no apparant sickness ... best way to go really. RIP Earthquake.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Barmaid in one of my locals had two dogs that loved me for some reason.... A very big ridgeback, and a mad mutt that has way too much energy. The Ridgeback died last weekend. The other dog is clearly very depressed. Its sad to see a dog that usually is a bit of a pain, so down and depressed. Its shit for everybody when pets pass.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Nothing gets me like the death of a pet. I think it's because animals love you unconditionally, whereas people are generally speaking *****. Sorry for your loss.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here