Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton says Dunk's situation has not changed after he sits out Fulham win [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ALBION boss Chris Hughton insists Lewis Dunk's situation is unchanged after he was dropped to the bench for the last-gasp win at Fulham.
Hughton gave German centre-half Uwe Huenemeier his debut at Dunk's expense in the 2-1 victory at Craven Cottage.
Dunk was an unused substitute against the side who have made repeated attempts to sign him this summer.

Newcastle have also been linked but, as speculation continues about Dunk's future, Hughton told The Argus: "It's no different. This is not just Lewis, it applies to every player we have. They are Brighton and Hove Albion players until they are not.
"He's a very good player and a very good player for us. It was a tough decision to make, because he has been playing well, but I just felt with this particular game and the type of game that it was that Uwe would be the better option for me.
"We look forward to Tuesday (at Huddersfield), we hope everybody is available."
Dunk's demotion was the only change to the team that opened the Championship campaign with a win at home to Nottingham Forest as Albion maintained their 100 per cent start in all competitions.
Hughton said: "He's a really good lad that wants to do well and he's a professional. I would be surprised if any player that's not playing is happy not to play, so he is no different to anybody else.
"These are the tough decision we have to make. We now have a squad and I have to pick a team for Tuesday."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here